Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,675   Online: 985

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes - I do plan to get the Bay I hood. But I would like to get the lens cap as I plan to carry the camera without the leader case (inside my crumpler shouder back together with DSLR) and there it would be nice to have the lens cap... ... waht about selling me yours ?

I also plan to get some small incident light meter soon - my Minolta 7D is more than precise enough but far from being small and fast to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chaska is right. Forget the lens cap, buy a hood and leave it on. The hood will protect the taking lens well enough. It also provides some protection to the viewing lens by holding the camera away from things that could damage it. The viewing lens of course is not nearly so critical as the viewing lens. But if you are concerned about keeping it pristine, put a UV filter over it.

I've had a lot of Rolleiflexes. The only ones that wore lens caps were the ones that never left the shelf.

Sanders

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One more question - is it possible to use filter AND a lens hood at the same time ?

Matus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slnce-z-gsi View Post
    One more question - is it possible to use filter AND a lens hood at the same time ?

Matus
    Yes, thanks to the fiendishly clever Rollei double bayonet accessory mount - filters on the inner mount, lens hood on the outer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin