Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,691   Online: 952

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    wow, now that you mentino it, i havent heard any of the digi forum people ask "what s the quietest digital slr"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i love my RB! i take it everywhere! it has been to SE Asia for the last 6 years! i have shot several weddings (i am not a wedding photog per say) i use my 35mm film nikon, my RB and for my personal entertainment (and the entertainmant of some of the guests) i shoot 4x5 formal poses! i love film, and that is what i shoot. if you want a digital work flow then there are 100s of wedding photogs to choose from, but if you want me, then you get film!

i iwll be uploading some of my photos from this trip to asia...stay tuned.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Funny thing - my brother and sister-in-law recently did a 25th anniversary vow renewal ceremony.
    I recently did one of these, it was my in-laws' 40th wedding anniversary last month and I was asked to take some pictures of the ring blessing service and guests, etc.

I used my Bronica ETRS and I was very pleased with the results. It was planned to be an outside event and I was just going to use a bit of fill flash - So obviously, it was the wettest day of the year and it was all done inside with full flash.

I would have used my RB67 but I didn't want to pay the extra processing and printing costs! 10 shots per roll RB67, 15 shots per roll ETRS.

Printed at 6" x 8", you can't tell anyway.

One thing which surprised me was that nobody else took any pictures at all. I was expecteing a few guests to take digi compact and phone snaps.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only cameras I would consider using during a ceremony are leaf shuttered TLRs and rangefinders.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm shooting weddings with nothing else but film. Some outdoor poses, the bride and groom with their families, the cermony and cutting the cake. If requested one day prior to the wedding some 6x9 slides in a beautiful environment for hughe prints. That's it. For the other images I ask the couple to collect the memory cards or cd copies, screen them for the best shots, so we can produce a separate album. The result: better quality from us and total coverage without hassle, without long discussions why brand >x< is better suited for a wedding than brand >y< etc. And no trouble with interfering mobile phone or P&S flashes. If people don't like this approach (=workflow), we send them to someone else because we strive for quality and not 'cheap & cheerful & good enough'.
    Don't dream your life - live your dream.
    I'm using FILM because nature isn't made of squares.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The last wedding I shot with a Mamiya M645 - aroundabout 20 rolls of Kodak Portra 100 & 400, and because I'd triple prepared and was thinking and double thinking everything I was doing - the success rate was very high, with only a couple of dud shots, and nothing missed thanks to my partner spooling spare inserts. The Mamiya has a LOUD shutter, but film makes me wait for the "moment" anyway, so I'm shooting less (and less annoyingly) than digital, but composing better and getting what ends up useful more often - and I only used one 80mm prime, further narrowing any fussing. The medium format softness just looks sooo nice, and the new Portra grain is lovely!

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The ETRS is loud too. I only took two shots during the ceremony (which was very informal anyway) and staged the rest afterwards.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My personal preference is to shoot weddings with a quiet 6x7cm rangefinder. However, since more and more customers seem to want high quantities of digital candids, I also provide that service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You did right think Eric.
    I am pressed hard to shoot and weddings and thinking about the best camera (I also have RZ67 proII). I think I would never have a good sleep with digital camera on a such important event.
    www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_OB View Post
    You did right think Eric.
    I am pressed hard to shoot and weddings and thinking about the best camera (I also have RZ67 proII). I think I would never have a good sleep with digital camera on a such important event.
    www.Leica-R.com
    I understand what Daniel meant, but frankly I would sleep better with a woman than with a d____l camera.

My Bad!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin