Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,274   Online: 1099

Shooter
    Medium Format

70mm Mamiya questions!

Okie doke. I've looked around on Google and a certain auction site for the past couple of days and have come up dry. I have a good line on a 70mm back for my RB and RZ67s and I'd like to get it. Now that being said I know that the films available are slim and this type of thing is going out of use pretty darned fast. I have the part numbers of the Jobo and other brand developing tanks and reels. Pretty much what I'm looking for is the film cassettes or canisters. I know that Kodak used to make them but that's about all I know. Having never shot 70mm before I'm at a loss. I don't know what I'm looking for in terms of these. Would anyone like to offer up some advice (besides "forget about 70mm"! )? Does anyone have any for sale?

That AND is Maco still making the IR stock in 70mm? Is it perforated?

Thanks guys!
    -Scuffy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Mamiya back fits the RB. I forget what it takes to fit the RZ. Some sort of adapter.

Jobo hasn't made a 70mm reel in a while. Good luck finding one. They are often expensive on the auction site. Worse they only handle 5' so you need three to do one roll.

I don't know if anybody is selling 70mm cans anymore. Maybe Linhof or Hassleblad? You can guess the prices. The used choice means watching Ebay. Often an used back will come with a can or two.

Shooter
    Multi Format

I have some 70mm Cassettes for Sale........

I do have some Kodak 70mm Cartridges, which I can sell. Contact me through the forum for more details.

AFAIK Maco 70mm IR -is- available, although I've never used it or ordered it. I would inquire with the manufacturer for more details.

Nokton48

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I have an expired roll of FP4. Perhaps you want it. I may be able to get other films.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got a 70mm back, if you want I'll give you a good price It's missing the vacuum squeeze thing, but I think you can pick those up in various places.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is the Mamiya back one such back that you can change the sprocketed roller for a smooth roller??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmm. Yes, it looks doable by simply filing down the sprockets. Mine has sprockets on on end only. So why would you do this- is nonsprocketed film more available? I haven't checked lately.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Honestly I'm not sure. Just curious I guess- in case such a need should arise.

Does anyone know what Maco might be charging per roll? I perused the site yesterday and I'm not quite understanding their listings. :rolleyes: I know it's an IR film and I see the listing for it but there are several choices...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin