Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,000   Online: 838

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

My way of saying thanks.

I'm an old film shooter who left the game in the mid nineties and then re-discovered photography as a hoby, this time, through digital. After four years of digital I, on a strange whim, bought a F100 and re-discovered what I had lost. Film all of a sudden became something that put the joy back in for me.
    So, being one to get carried away I went out and bought a Mamiya system as well. (I had started as a kid with my dads rolleiflex)

In the last year or so I shot a bit of both 35 and 645 film. I like what 645 offers very much but slowly had to admit that despite the love of the larger negative that it was not my kind of thing as much as 35 - and so a while ago I sold the mamiya system

The sale has left me with a few rolls of MF film, 18 to be precise. I really appreciate the knowledge and the obvious love for the film medium and have learned a few things here since joining - so I though that I could give a small token of thanks back to this communities members by giving away the small stash of 120 I've got left.

So ... here is the deal. If you are a medium format shooter who would like some free film just mention it in this thread. I figure since 18 divides by three really nicely that in the order put in this thread I will mail out three rolls to the first five folks who ask. Unfortunately it has to be US addresses only ... I don't think this is worth shipping overseas ( ) and I thought to subscribers only. Like I said, this small token is my appreciacion of some of the good information I've gotten here.
    Oh ... and I was thinking, to make it fair, let me know which kind you want ... but only one type per person.

Let me know in this thread which three you want from the list bellow and PM me where to ship it.

- Pavel

I have:
    4 rolls of HP5+
    2 x delta 400
    2 x panF 50
    1 x tmax 400
    1 x Delta 100
    4 x Provia 100
    2 x Tmax 100
    1 x Portra 100
    1 x Kodak E100
    To find the answers .... Question them!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh ... and for my old buddy Snegron ... I'm saving three for you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Film!

Pavel, I am interested in 1) Delta 100 (or 400), 2) Pan F, and 3) Portra 100. What a kind gesture of you.
    Last edited by unohuu; 06-08-2007 at 08:45 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correction
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

KEK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pavel i'd be interested in any three B/W
    thanks very much
    Kevin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

B7w film

Could I get my two cents into this:
    Lauren MacIntosh
    When one's life Ends, then one becomes Life's history !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll use this opportunity to try some MF chrome! Send me the Provia!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Will do ... and that is it - I had one person PM me only. I will send them next week and Pm each of you when I do.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel+ View Post
    Oh ... and for my old buddy Snegron ... I'm saving three for you.
    Thanks! I hope you will still be here with us though! Your input is very valuable here as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh .. yeah. No intention of leaving. I am still with the F100 ... and thinking of adding another one for two film choices.

It was just that I needed a bit of reality (I hate that ) and focus on 35 rather than spread myself too thin. Now there will be a coolscan 5000 in my future sooner than the 9000 could ever likely have been.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel+ View Post
    Oh .. yeah. No intention of leaving. I am still with the F100 ... and thinking of adding another one for two film choices.

It was just that I needed a bit of reality (I hate that ) and focus on 35 rather than spread myself too thin. Now there will be a coolscan 5000 in my future sooner than the 9000 could ever likely have been.
    I understand now! For a moment there I thought you were giving up on film alltogether! (sigh of relief). Staying with one film format does simplify matters, especially when scanning.

The idea of another F100 is a great idea! It is an incredible machine. I know that there are many out there who love their F6's, but I believe that the F6 was designed around the F100, which itself was an improved version of the F5. All this talk about the F100 has just motivated me to go out this Sunday (weather permitting) and shoot a few rolls with my F100! (I'll load the meterless F with a roll as well so it won't feel left out! )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin