Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,935   Posts: 1,557,049   Online: 1278

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

MF Folder Database _Need Lens Names

I am also looking for the various brand names of all the lenses used on medium format folders.

Here is what I have so far:
    • Achromatic
    • Agnar
    • APO Lanthar
    • Apotar
    • Baltar
    • Cassar
    • Color Heliar
    • Color Skopar
    • Ennagon
    • Ennar
    • Ennit
    • Ensar
    • Igestar (Jgestar)
    • Kodak Anastigmat
    • Novar Anastigmat
    • Primotar
    • Radionar
    • Ross Xpres
    • Skopar
    • Solinar
    • Subita
    • Tessar
    • Triotar
    • Vaskar
    • Voigtar
    • Xenar
    • Zuiko

Please 120 film only at this time.
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Certo Super Sport Dolly - Tessar 2.8/7.5cm, Compur, version without rangefinder, 4.5x6 and 6x6

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    Certo Super Sport Dolly - Tessar 2.8/7.5cm, Compur, version without rangefinder, 4.5x6 and 6x6

Steve
    Thanks Steve, I will use this information later.

Right now I am looking for the brand names of the lenses. Zeiss called it the Tessar, Agfa called it the Solinar, Voigtlander called it the Skopar...

Same thing for triplets.

Any other names for a Heliar equivalent (on a MF folder, please)?
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post

Steve
    Looking at the lens, the outer most ring has the shutter speed and "COMPUR-RAPID".
    The next ring in has the f/numbers and "F. DECKEL-MUCHEN".
    The lens itself has "Tessar f = 7,5 cm Carl Zeiss Jena Nr.22 ..."

I hope that helps,

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In no particular order:

Ansco Anastigmat, Wollensak, Rapid Rectilinear, Modico Anastigmat, Vidanar, Trinar, Ludwig Meritar, Certar, Ernoplast, Tenastigmat (Goerz), Dagor, Dogmar, Syntor, Celor, Hekla, Litonar, Leonar Anastigmat, Aldis, Beck, Anticomar, Ektar, Meyer, Gewironar, Steinheil, Periskop, Opton.

Oops... Didn't read the line saying only 120 film. But most of these were for 120. I can check if you wish.
    Last edited by mitica100; 06-15-2007 at 01:34 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Not seen the footnote of original post.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitica100 View Post
    In no particular order:

Ansco Anastigmat, Wollensak, Rapid Rectilinear, Modico Anastigmat, Vidanar, Trinar, Ludwig Meritar, Certar, Ernoplast, Tenastigmat (Goerz), Dagor, Dogmar, Syntor, Celor, Hekla, Litonar, Leonar Anastigmat, Aldis, Beck, Anticomar, Ektar, Meyer, Gewironar, Steinheil, Periskop, Opton.

Oops... Didn't read the line saying only 120 film. But most of these were for 120. I can check if you wish.
    Thank you.

Yes, please do. I am trying to limit this list to cameras that people will want to use and are readily available.

I find that cameras that are pre-1930s, with only the brilliant finder, usually are not as popular with users as the later, more practical models.

Please weed out the manufacturers too. Wasn't Wollensack a manufacturer and not a lens type?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Wasn't Wollensack a manufacturer and not a lens type?"
    Yes and no. They surely made lenses for many cameras but there were also lenses simply labeled Wollensak.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin