Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,984   Online: 837

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Mamiya RB close-out

Just for info - the British pro dealer Robert White (possibly other dealers too) is having a close-out on Mamiya RB67. I was scanning e-bay for a 360 lens and ended up buying a new one (350/5.6 KL Apo) for £465 + VAT. Only drawback is you have to pay now, the order will be filled from Japan and will take 4 - 6 weeks. And when they're gone, they're gone!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Followed closely by RZ and 645 stuff I bet.

I don't think the new owner is getting very far with the digital stuff, I think what is left of Mamiya is just counting days until it is all gone. Such a shame. Never have seen anything on their digital back for the 645AF (etc.), so I have to assume that they could not bring it to market at a price that would be reasonable. How many years has this product been in the works???

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    According to Robert White, the RZ 67 is now available as the
    RZ 67 Pro IID (with an MSCE interface for digital back use) and is thus future-proof (for now ). All RZ 67 gear is continuing to be sold at full price.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Never have seen anything on their digital back for the 645AF (etc.), so I have to assume that they could not bring it to market at a price that would be reasonable. How many years has this product been in the works???
    It is out now at a cost of $7,000 for the 22mp digital back or $10,000 for the Mamiya ZD (DSLR)
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    It is out now at a cost of $7,000 for the 22mp digital back or $10,000 for the Mamiya ZD (DSLR)
    yeah, but... they are offering the pro-tl ZD back "kit", which is the back, the body (the latest 645 one), a metered prism, a 120/220 back, a bunch of software and a 80mm lens for about 10,000€ which is a very competitive price, specially if you already have an array of 645 lenses, and a price similar to other make's 35mm flagship "kits".

Kinda bargain, and you can still shoot film.
    Last edited by Muihlinn; 06-18-2007 at 01:47 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correcting estimates
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Guess I missed the back, last time I looked it was still not available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington View Post
    Just for info - the British pro dealer Robert White (possibly other dealers too) is having a close-out on Mamiya RB67. I was scanning e-bay for a 360 lens and ended up buying a new one (350/5.6 KL Apo) for £465 + VAT. Only drawback is you have to pay now, the order will be filled from Japan and will take 4 - 6 weeks. And when they're gone, they're gone!

Regards,

David
    So let me see... For about the price of your lens, I have acquired 3 bodies, 1 ProS, 2 Professionals, all in nice shape, 5 C lenses (65,90,127,150SF,and 180) 2 WLF, 1 prism finder, 2 extension tubes (82 and 45mm), 4 645 backs, 2 67 backs, a Polaroid back, a pistol grip , an angle grip, 4 screens of different types, the 645 mask, and a bag to put them in. I suspect these will serve me until there is no more 120 film or I be dead.

Of course, I don't have a 350 lens, but... I'll get over it. *L*

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    So let me see... For about the price of your lens, I have acquired 3 bodies, 1 ProS, 2 Professionals, all in nice shape, 5 C lenses (65,90,127,150SF,and 180) 2 WLF, 1 prism finder, 2 extension tubes (82 and 45mm), 4 645 backs, 2 67 backs, a Polaroid back, a pistol grip , an angle grip, 4 screens of different types, the 645 mask, and a bag to put them in. I suspect these will serve me until there is no more 120 film or I be dead.

Of course, I don't have a 350 lens, but... I'll get over it. *L*

tim in san jose
    As you will have found, the 350 (in fact anything longer than 180) is hard to find, which is why I considered buying new (I need either a 360 or 500 for a specific project). At 1/4 of the previous list price, my 360 was still a good buy. The problem with second-hand is that, while there are some genuine bargains out there, there are also examples which have been pounded into the ground, even though they are still cosmetically good - you may be lucky, you may not! The reason I brought the close-out to the attention of APUG was just that - it's a close-out, the end of the line for the RB, absolutely the last chance to buy new. If it's of no interest to you, fine!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington View Post
    As you will have found, the 350 (in fact anything longer than 180) is hard to find, which is why I considered buying new (I need either a 360 or 500 for a specific project). At 1/4 of the previous list price, my 360 was still a good buy. The problem with second-hand is that, while there are some genuine bargains out there, there are also examples which have been pounded into the ground, even though they are still cosmetically good - you may be lucky, you may not! The reason I brought the close-out to the attention of APUG was just that - it's a close-out, the end of the line for the RB, absolutely the last chance to buy new. If it's of no interest to you, fine!

Regards,

David
    Sorry David, just 'ad a bit of GAS there. It won't happen again. Congrats on your new lens.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin