Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,929   Posts: 1,556,839   Online: 809

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

bronica etrsi thumb winder

hi all i have just got a realy nice etrsi bronica with a few bits and pieces and it has a thumb winder but the winder itself is abit wobbly is there any way to tighten this up at all thanks ,wayne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do you mean the friction fitting to the base? Mine is a bit loose and sometimes, pushing the shutter release just slides the camera along instead of firing the shutter.

I did a temporary fix once by jamming a piece of credit card in the gap.

I think the problem is that the bottom plate is a bit too thin and bows outwards. It can be fixed temporarily by hammering it (carefully!) back flat, although if it has cracked like mine, it will bow out again fairly quickly.

I had planned to do away with the friction clamp and drill a hole in the same place as the tripod thread and fit a screw fitting from a flash bracket to hold it all together.

Like a lot of my plans, it hasn't happened yet as the credit card wedge is still working fine!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    hi steve i am talking about the film advance winder at the top of the grip its very loose but it works fine i didnt know if i peeled the round leathet cover there might be a screw underneath but didnt want to take it off if there isnt thanks ,wayne

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    my curiosity has got the better of me i have found 4 screws instead of one and RESULT ,tight as a tiger all is good again ,wayne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like you're not suffering from the problem I had then!

It would be a good idea to check the base of your grip though just in case. Mine looked as if it had been on a tripod and the camera had been moved forcing the base metal to bow out and gain a few cracks.

From the timing of your last two posts, it looks like it took one minute for your curiosity to get the better of you - I don't think I could be that patient!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin