Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,344   Online: 1202

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sandy,

that's the downside of dealing with friends. Either you are too generous and will always think the guy still ows you something or you make a good deal and he will always have a sour taste in his mouth whenever you meet.

Must have been a very good deal...

Stefan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde View Post
    Sandy,

that's the downside of dealing with friends. Either you are too generous and will always think the guy still ows you something or you make a good deal and he will always have a sour taste in his mouth whenever you meet.

Must have been a very good deal...

Stefan
    Stefan,

Well, the friend did get a good deal on the 43mm lens, a Mamiya 7 body, and 35mm panormaa adaptor. All that for $1800 and in great condition.

But he is not complaining so much that he wants to return the stuff. In fact, it was understood that he could return it if he wanted.

So in this case, nothing sour left in either of our mouths. If he wants he can probably sell the stuff on ebay for at least as much as he paid me.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I thought the 43mm was a pretty good lens, but the friend I sold it to complains that it is a bit soft on the edges.

Sandy
    My 43mm F4.5 L Mamiya is sharp - across the field. Maybe I just got lucky when I bought mine?? (I doubt it!) Of course, there is the expected Cosine 4th illumination falloff at the edges of the field.

My 65mm F4L Mamiya is also sharp across the field.

I did not buy the Mamiya 50mm f4L - figuring - that with the 43mm and the 65mm I pretty much had the landscapes covered.

But - I do keep my eyes open for a 50mm Mamiya at a good price.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dear Sandy,

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Well, the friend did get a good deal on the 43mm lens, a Mamiya 7 body, and 35mm panormaa adaptor.
    I was just pulling your leg. I hope you don't mind. I do think that it pays off to take extra care when buying to or selling from friends, though, as you risk money as well as friendship.

Back on the topic of the 43mm the guy who sold me my first Hassi also used the M7 and complained that he had the second sample and both suffered from decentering and had its brightest spot a little bit out of the frames center. He also had an SWC/M which he said was perfect in this respect but he preferred to have 6x7. He worked as one of several photographers on the payroll of a big player in the chemical industry and judged from the work he showed me, he knew a thing or two about his tools.

best

Stefan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Mamiya 7 Lenses

Sandy et al, I have been using Mam6,7 ,7ii, since they came out and the 65 and 43 are both outstanding. I used to have the Fuji folder 645 camera that had a wonderful 75mm lens on it. I also use both the regular and wide Plaubel on occasion. I believe these types of cameras are ideal for travel,especially since we can't lock luggage anymore. The large negative combined with great handholding makes for an ideal combination.I use the 65 lens probably 75% of the time.The 6x7 negative also makes for nice enlarged negatives. I'd love to travel with my UFL(8X16), but it just isn't practical. Chip

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin