Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,515   Posts: 1,543,722   Online: 890

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    One of the great things about 6x6 is that you never need to turn the camera on its side for landscape or portrait.
    Indeed, and the same goes for the rb67- it has a rotating back, you definitely wouldn't want to turn that thing on its side
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Also the RB67 has a 6x8 motorized back which I love for landscape...you should be able to pick one of those up from KEH for a little over 100$ that will do both 120 and 220. With a waist level finder I really don't think the RB67 is heavy at all...I've carried it around for hours without a strap with no issues...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ethylphenethylamine View Post
    Also the RB67 has a 6x8 motorized back which I love for landscape...you should be able to pick one of those up from KEH for a little over 100$ that will do both 120 and 220.
    I have the RZ rather than the RB, but I was interested in the 6x8 back for landscape until I read this opinion:

http://www1.epinions.com/content_135...kin_id=8003929

I assume by dedicated shutter release cable he's referring to the one with two ends that connects to both the lens and the body. Do you have problems with the film advancing before the shutter closes? Do you just leave the back in bulb mode and advance the film manually? Or don't you even use MLU?

If anyone has experience using the 6x8 back on an RZ, I'd love to hear about the pitfalls.

thanks,
    Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You'd need the adapter to mount RB backs. I don't think it's a current item nor was it ever a big seller. I forget what it was called. G adaptor?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I too have a Bronica SQ-B and love it. I don't mind using a hand held meter and can usually just meter with my eyes. But it's a great all around camera. I use it for everything landscape, portraiture, street. It works well for everything. I also love the 6x6 format and love printing 8x8 photos.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thirsty View Post
    I have the RZ rather than the RB, but I was interested in the 6x8 back for landscape until I read this opinion:

http://www1.epinions.com/content_135...kin_id=8003929

I assume by dedicated shutter release cable he's referring to the one with two ends that connects to both the lens and the body. Do you have problems with the film advancing before the shutter closes? Do you just leave the back in bulb mode and advance the film manually? Or don't you even use MLU?

If anyone has experience using the 6x8 back on an RZ, I'd love to hear about the pitfalls.

thanks,
    Jerry
    Yeah to do mirror lockup and T expsoures with any back I beleive, you need to use both cables which is a huge pain. The back actually has three modes, normal, longtime (1/4 to 1 sec), and time/mirror up. as far as not having a place for the darkslide that doesn't bother me as much as I always put the darkslide on the side of the camera. I bought it for the 6x8 format and I also don't mind advancing the film manually if I don't want to risk the drive advance timing...

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, thanks for the replies. I've got a 6x9 RF (albeit one of the fixed lens ones), so the 6x8 vs. 6x7 sounds interesting but probably not worth the cost for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would agree with the mamiya rb67. I just purchased one with a 90 lens with 4 filters for $214 with all the original packaging and I'm really happy with the landscape shots I've taken. The rotating back is nice for landscapes as well as portaits.I also use a yashica matt 124 for landscapes which I like a lot. I bought a nice one on ebay for $100. Both have waist level veiwfinders which I like very much. These were my first medium formats and I love them both. I would say scrap the auto focus and do it manually, i'ts more fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 2.25 X 3.25 Crown Graphic with the 6x9 rollfilm back or the 6x12 rollfilm back - or sheet film in holders.

Lenses: 55mm Apo Grandagon and 47mm Super Angulon.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I moved up from 35mm to a Pentax 6x7, never regretted it, still have it, love it. I would like autofocus sometimes when photographing portraits of young children, etc. There is an adapter that allows you to use your Pentax 6x7 lenses on a 645N autofocus Pentax, so you can build a system with both cameras and add the autofocus lenses you need, say maybe a 150 2.8 AF for the 645N for portraits and use your other manual focus lenses on either camera, or you can sell one if you decide you like one or the other better and still be able to use your lenses. I am considering a Pentax 645N, but haven't gotten the money up for it yet. If your age and eyesight have anything to do with your interest in autofocus, be aware that a lot of the older models of medium format cameras are very dim and you may need a bright screen from Maxwell or some other source to be able to focus as well as you might like. I had my 6x7 Pentax modified with a Maxwell screen and the difference was amazing, also get a good tripod and solid head/mounting equipment for medium format. Good luck on your vacation.
    Doug Webb

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin