Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,423   Online: 806

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Webb View Post
    If your age and eyesight have anything to do with your interest in autofocus....
    Doug Webb
    Um... actually that is one of the factors I've been mulling. I am at an age where my eyesight is changing. (not good, not bad, not the same on any two days, it seems) I'd like to be able to rely on the camera on the days my eyes won't get it right.

I do a lot of manual focus work with my Nikon; especially close-up work. I can manually focus about 20% closer than the auto focus can manage. I had an old OM1 for awhile. The split view finder never seemed to work the way I wanted it to.

Anyway, I'm still looking. I'm more and more drawn to the Bronica camp. (today anyway)

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    Hi, I like the Mamiya 645E model. Has a nice bright viewfinder that is adjustable to your eye. Also excellent auto/manual exposure metering. Excellent value for a fairly new camera. I think many on the used market haven't been used that much. I have used one for about 5 years doing landscape photography.

Jon
    Forgot to mention the 645E has a built in -5 to +5 diopter eyepiece adjustment, which I find very useful for accurate focusing.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I did it. Surprised myself, actually. I ordered a GS-1 WITH 100 F3.5 PG (72), 120 6X7 BACK, PRISM, SPEEDGRIP G, MEDIUM FORMAT SLR MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA OUTFIT. (Pardon the CAPs... cut and pasted from my KEH order confirmation) No metering, no AF, but it sounds like a decent camera. ( I guess I'll be using my d***** camera as a spot meter for the time being.) I've got a feeling this is a big step up from my N80.

Wish me luck.

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Toffle,

Congradulations! I stepped up from my Nikon N-75 which I still use to a Mamiyaflex C330. I turned the Mamiyaflex into a Hassy and I am really happy to be in the 35mm and MF worlds.

Happy shooting,
    Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom:
    I can't recall whether you have access to or your own darkroom, but if you do, you will love your new negatives. Even 4"x5" proof prints from your lab will enthrall you - enlargements will amaze!

The bigger camera is just a lot of fun - enjoy it!

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Tom:
    I can't recall whether you have access to or your own darkroom, but if you do, you will love your new negatives. Even 4"x5" proof prints from your lab will enthrall you - enlargements will amaze!

The bigger camera is just a lot of fun - enjoy it!

Matt
    Yes, I've got my own darkroom set up. (again... Long story short, I had to move it for my wife's health issues) And I'm quite familiar with 120 film. I'm trying to do the math in my head... how many frames at 6X7 will fit across a Printfile page.

Golly, I'm excited!

Cheers,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Yes, I've got my own darkroom set up. (again... Long story short, I had to move it for my wife's health issues) And I'm quite familiar with 120 film. I'm trying to do the math in my head... how many frames at 6X7 will fit across a Printfile page.

Golly, I'm excited!

Cheers,
    Thanks for reminding me about your wife's situation Tom. I see from your other thread that you/she are doing well - I'm glad.

With respect to the Printfile pages - sadly, the answer is nine, not ten. This means choices have to be made

My 6x7 kit is a rangefinder (Koni-Omega), and I am generally tempted to waste a shot on each roll.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post

With respect to the Printfile pages - sadly, the answer is nine, not ten. This means choices have to be made

My 6x7 kit is a rangefinder (Koni-Omega), and I am generally tempted to waste a shot on each roll.

Matt
    Well, it's in. Actually, it would have been in yesterday, but I missed the UPS guy. It passed the first test; that being the lovely Lake Erie "breeze" we have going today. In a wind that would have me leaping to save my N80 from certain destruction, it only took one glance to reassure me that my new GS-1 was not going anywhere. Usually I use a tripod to keep my camera steady. I think this beast keeps the tripod in place.I've just finished developing my first roll. (straight from the camera to the tank.) The negatives look really nice. (really) (yeah, really)

I don't have a 6X7 carrier for my enlarger, but I'm sure I can figure something out. ...and I need a light meter; I'm sure I looked pretty foolish framing every shot with my N80 and then matching settings on the GS-1. That's ok, I know a guy with a used Sekonic I might be able to liberate.

Yeah, well, so far, I'm in love.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Toffle; 07-10-2007 at 04:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a secret. Don't tell anybody.

Print File 120-4UB

Problem is it fits 12 6x7.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin