Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,396   Online: 1116

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Small tripod for TLR

Hi all,

I am a happy user of my "new" Rolleiflex 3.5T. It is quickly becoming my "carry it everywhere" camera. Soon a small lighemter will replace the need of carying my DLSR along and I started to consider of getting a small light tripod that would together with some small light ballhead (and preferably without center column) get to cca 120 - 130 cm. Folded length of cca 40 - 45, weight not much more than 1Kg.

Wihin this specs the only one that comes to my mind is Feisol 3441 with that little abll head CB-30. But it is a bit pricey (and still would need some adjustemets like a new short center column). Carbon gitzos are (unfortunately) out of question.

thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've used a metal Gitzo, G101 with an off-set ball head # 1175 for years and found it to be the perfect Rollei tripod. They should be pretty cheap on e-bay. Be sure to use a Rolleifix to attach your camera to any tripod. The TLR's need the extra support of locking onto the forward pins. Screwed right to the pod you can twist the bottom/back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really like the Bogen 3262QR ball head for my C220. The 3001N Bogen pod is probably heavier than what you are looking for (though I think it's fine for me), but it's quite a substantial support for the camera in wind, or for long exposures etc. What I just got inexpensively ($48.00 and free shipping), and am very happy with is the Lowepro Micro Trekker 100, which must be the smallest "Trekker" they make. Even so it fits three lenses, the body with prism, a one degree meter, and front pocket for film, filters etc. I can attach a water bottle to the thing as well and be quite comfortable on a hike. Good luck.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Rollei makes or made a nice little tripod that you could put a small ball head on. They come up on ebay now and then. I got one in new condition for 25 dollars or something. No one seems interested in them. It is a friendlier tripod than a tiltall or Gitzo. The legs extensions are unlocked with latches rather than the twisting tightening lock. much less cursing involved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    - photobum -

I will check out the G101 - as soon as I find one :-)

- jovo -

yes, the bogen would be too much. I have Benro M227 for the more serious cases (and Large format as well)

- dpurdy -

do you have this Rollei tripod in mind?

It is supposed to weight 2,5kg - way too much for my taste...

Shooter
    35mm
    Agfa made fantastic tiny brass tripods in the fifties with built in ball heads. You can find one in good condition on ebay for $20-30. For lighter cameras I've found nothing better. The contemporary Biloras are all right as well, but not so elegantly designed to my eye.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    May not be exactly what you're looking for, but I've been carrying one of these w/ my Yashicamat. Even better is that the quick release plate doesn't stop you from reloading film! I use the same thing with the Fuji 645 rangefinder.

I know this is a regular thing on forums, getting answers to questions you didn't ask, but I thought this might pique your interest to put in a bag with the 'flex when you couldn't bring a tripod.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    - laverdure -

Do you have in mind something like THIS it looks indeed - well - old :-) . Might be older model than you have in mind. Well - this might be an option. Thanks.

- Jeremy-

your answer is perfectly fine. Actually I did have a look on Gorillapod in a shop - it of course can not replace small tripod that has 120 - 130 cm though it could be used as minipod. But I was (and still am) quite concerned about the durability - it seemd to be made from too fragile material. If I will get a minipod - it will most probably be the Manfrotto / Bogen 709 - looks very stable and reasonably priced.

Anybody out there willing to sell me his G1158T for $150 shipping to Gemrnay included ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Did you look at Berlebach? They have a real nice short tripod, but it will probably heavier than most.
    http://www.berlebach.de/inhalte/prod...bd#ministative

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A second vote for the Rolleifix. It is essential for mounting a Rolleiflex to a tripod, otherwise you risk deforming the camera back if you put too much torque on the mounted camera.

Tripods ... mine are too heavy for you. But instead of a ball head, consider a Velbon PH-157Q pan/tilt head. It's under $40 and it is really well-suited to working with a TLR. All adjustments are made through the handle. Very easy to use.

Sanders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin