Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,796   Online: 1176

Shooter
    Multi Format

question about using cable release on mamiya rz67

hi everyone,
    I have a question regarding the use of a cable release on the mamiya rz 67.
    If I use a cable release, wether it's the double or the normal, it works fine as long as I keep the white dot on the release button collar aligned with the with dot on the camera body. If I set it to the red dot, ie locking it, than it does not work.

is that logical?

on many camera's 35 as well as the pentax 67 there also is a mode that locks the release button for manual use but keeps it workable with a cable release... off course thats handy since you don;t want the cable release to make an exposure if it bumbs into something and pressed the release button 'manual style'...

hopefully my story is understandable, thanks in advance for all the reactions~!!

Kind regards Game

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by game View Post
    hi everyone,
    If I use a cable release, wether it's the double or the normal, it works fine as long as I keep the white dot on the release button collar aligned with the with dot on the camera body. If I set it to the red dot, ie locking it, than it does not work.

is that logical?...
    Sounds logical to me. Both of my Mamiyas (RB67 and M645 1000s) work the same way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 1000s doesn't work because the ring makes a mechanical lock.

Depending on the winder I have attached to my 645 Super and Pro it works fine without unlocking the camera body switch. But I'm not sure if your RZ is working correctly or not. It's probably fine the way it is and does make a good safety.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi everyone,

is that logical?
    Yes, that is how it's supposed to work. The button on the right is a mechanical trigger on an electronic camera. Turning the collar locks out the mechanical trigger from reaching the electric contact. Note that on the left front is an electronic trigger port.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I understand that it is a electronic shutter that get mechanically locked. With the white dot and the red one aligned the button won't press. But using a cable release that should not matter right?
    I think users of both the rz67 & the pentax 67 will get my problem the best. On the pentax there is also a collar around the release button, one can also lock it, but even in locked position, a cable release can still fire the camera. And that way make sense to me. I can not imagine the rz67 to have the flaw of having to lock and unlock the collar before and after each shot in order to protect the camera for accidental exposures ... when using a cable release that is.

Hopefully someone can make things a bit clearer, thanks for the responses!
    kind regards Sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can not imagine the rz67 to have the flaw of having to lock and unlock the collar before and after each shot in order to protect the camera for accidental exposures ... when using a cable release that is.

Hopefully someone can make things a bit clearer, thanks for the responses!
    kind regards Sam
    The collar lock is designed to lock the release whether or not a cable release is used. Period. You may consider it a flaw, I consider it useful. When shoting on a tripod with a cable release, I only lock the collar when moving the tripod to a new location. Works for me.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    great,
    now I know how it works on the RZ.
    I was just slightly suprised, since the RZ is so well thought trough.
    Well I'll work my way around it and I am sure that It'll work just fine when I am used to it.

Thanks, kind regards Game

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin