Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,947   Online: 856

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya 645 and digital back

Hi!

I'm thinking of upgrading my 645 Pro to either a AFD or AFD II, mainly to get a autofocus body.

But how is the support for digital backs for the AFD model? Does the ZD back only work with the AFD II house? Might sometime far far into the future want to by a digital back, and I do not want to upgrade again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would check with mamiya as this, I am sure you know, a place about film photography.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    I would check with mamiya as this, I am sure you know, a place about film photography.
    David, I'm very well aware this is a community site about film photography. That doesn't mean people are totally unknowledage about digital medium format. But I get the point.

Images
    I am sure you realize that upgrading far far into the future does not communicate well with digital. Far far in the future is next year. The camera you buy now will most likely not interface. But it should handle film just fine for the rest of it's life.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Get the AFD II to stay closest to safe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    I am sure you realize that upgrading far far into the future does not communicate well with digital. Far far in the future is next year. The camera you buy now will most likely not interface. But it should handle film just fine for the rest of it's life.
    Well, maybe with some brands, but not to Hasselblad.

Ok, ok, lets not start a flame war.:rolleyes:

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin