Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,646   Online: 1196

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Film curtain crank on Mamiya 7

The little fold-down tab for opening and closing the film curtain on the bottom of my M-7 split. I got a replacement from Mamiya, but no instructions on how to take the old one off. It appears to have a pin, similar to that which holds a watch-band on the watch, but the clearance is so tight that not even my tiniest jeweler's screwdriver will help.

Anybody know the answer to this?

Larry

Images
    Call the parts house you bought it from and ask them. I replaced a part on my M7 and they were most helpful.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hello

just to let you know I make spare solid brass levers (crank) for M7 that last forever! I add a simple instruction document with photos for a step by step DIY job.
    if anybody would ever need one, just let me know!

all the best
    Paolo

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can only guess how that foldable crank is fixed. Most probably it is a plain steel pin (that has to be driven out to release the crank).

At model-craft shops you shall find steel wires of apt thickness. Cut off a short piece, flatten the ends and use it as a driving pin.
    Maybe you'll find at your home a tiny nail or needle of apt thickness, then proceed as above.

EDIT:
    I just had a more closer look at a photo of a Mamiya 7 II bottom plate; the crank seems fixed different from what I thought above.
    Last edited by AgX; 11-16-2012 at 06:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you take a digital picture of it? I've one like that.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin