Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,652   Online: 1140

Shooter
    Medium Format

A couple more questions about the Pentax 67II

With P67II with an AE finder, is it metering the whole time it's on, or does it auto shut off after a few seconds? How is the metering activated, is there a separate button, or do you push the shutter button half way down? If the answer is the latter (shutter button), when using a cable release and trying to get a meter reading, is it sensitive (touchy) to the point where accidentally firing the shutter is an issue?

Also, if you use the MLU in AE mode, does it automatically use the current EV, or do you have to use the memory lock function before you hit the MLU button?

TIA

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by max_ebb View Post
    With P67II with an AE finder, is it metering the whole time it's on, or does it auto shut off after a few seconds? How is the metering activated, is there a separate button, or do you push the shutter button half way down? If the answer is the latter (shutter button), when using a cable release and trying to get a meter reading, is it sensitive (touchy) to the point where accidentally firing the shutter is an issue?

Also, if you use the MLU in AE mode, does it automatically use the current EV, or do you have to use the memory lock function before you hit the MLU button?

TIA
    Max,

I just got a 67 II myself.

If you go to the Pentax website - you can download the entire user manual for free.

To make it easy, if you scroll down to the bottom of this link you will find the manual download:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/product...section=medium

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by max_ebb View Post
    With P67II with an AE finder, is it metering the whole time it's on, or does it auto shut off after a few seconds?

TIA
    It shuts off after a few seconds, just like a 35mm SLR. You push the shutter halfway down to activate the meter, same with a cable release. I have fired the shutter byaccident, but that was because my eye was at the wrong angle to see the display, rather than touchiness on the part of the shutter button.

You do not have to use AE lock before activating the mirror lock function. However, I generally set the exposure manually if I'm on a tripod and locking up the meter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the responses. I found out most of what I was looking for in the manual, but it wasn't very clear on the MLU. It says it does exposure lock automatically when you use MLU but it doesn't say what happens if you hit MLU while nothing is being displayed. I assume that it would grab a quick meter reading when the MLU is activated, even if nothing is being displayed on the LCD?

One thing I was glad to see is that apparently you can cock/fire the shutter and test all the functions without having to load film in it (even with the back open according to the manual).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, my 67II with AE finder got delivered yesterday and I played around a bit with it testing all the functions and making sure everything worked (the brighter screen is awesome), and then shot a roll with it. I was happy to find out that there's no sensitivity problem at all when using a cable release to partially depress the shutter button to get a meter reading. There was a clear bottoming out feeling in the cable release button where I had to push a little harder to fire the shutter.

One thing I really like is that it has 1/3 stop shutter speed increments in aperture priority AE mode (even though manual shutter speed settings are in full stop increments). Having a good quality AE finder is going to make a lot of the macro work I do a LOT easier.

Also (for anyone interested), in doing some testing I found that if you use the exposure memory lock button or the MLU lever while there is nothing being displayed in the finder (in AE mode), it does a fresh meter reading, just as if you had pushed the shutter button half way.

Can somebody tell me how to get these strap clips off (the ones that go on the handle lugs)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look at the face of the clip and you will see an arrow. Push the center portion within the clip body in the direction of the arrow to release the clip. To replace it, put the clip back on the lug and push the now projecting tab back flush with the clip body in the direction opposite the arrow.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin