Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,286   Online: 756

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

newly obtained Hasselblad questions?

I just obtained an old hasselblad 500 c/m, it's actually a c but it's one of the ones that was built during the transition so it has the changeable screen. I've been trying to figure out the date of the lens but I can't find anything on the web with the serial numbers I have. The only serial number I can find is on the front of the lens right next to Carl Zeiss; the number is Nr5255581. Obviously it's a chrome lens. Does anyone have any ideas on when that's from?
    Also I'm interested in obtaining a new focusing screen. I take lots of pictures in fairly low light. Any suggestions?

One more thing, whenever I try to use the depth of field preview button, it gets stuck, as in I can't get it off DOF preview. Than the shutter gets stuck and the only way for me to get it unstuck is to take the film spool out of the back for a second and put it back in. So far this hasn't happened with film in the camera which obviously wouldn't be good.

Thanks a lot and sorry for the three part question.

John
    Last edited by mexipike; 08-23-2007 at 10:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    thanks I'll check that out. By the way the lens is an 80 planar 2.8

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    So I tried entering my serial number in lens dating box, but I get some sort of application error so that doesn't work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    what are the two letters of your serial number?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    nevermind it worked i just had to take off the nr. looks like the lens and camera are from 1971. Incidentally what does the Nr mean. Thanks,

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexipike View Post
    Also I'm interested in obtaining a new focusing screen. I take lots of pictures in fairly low light. Any suggestions?
    I bought an Acute Matte D and love it. I think you can't really go wrong with them. I got mine off Ebay for relatively little money.

One more thing, whenever I try to use the depth of field preview button, it gets stuck, as in I can't get it off DOF preview. Than the shutter gets stuck and the only way for me to get it unstuck is to take the film spool out of the back for a second and put it back in. So far this hasn't happened with film in the camera which obviously wouldn't be good.
    Sounds strange... What happens if you open the aperture manually again? Say, if you stopped down to f/16, open it up again via the ring to f/2.8. Can you do that, or is the aperture just stuck? Can you move the aperture ring at all after pressing the DOF button?

Antje

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    after you press the DOF lever on the lens and preview the subject with the aperture closed you need to manually open up to 2.8 and close back down to the desired aperture. This will disengage the DOF preview lever and restore the auto aperture on your lens. Needless to say this will work if your lens is mechanically in good working condition.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mexipike View Post
    Incidentally what does the Nr mean.
    Not sure what it might mean in German or Swedish, but I always assumed it was 'number.'

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderman View Post
    Not sure what it might mean in German or Swedish, but I always assumed it was 'number.'
    Yes, I can attest that this is absolutely correct.

Antje

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin