Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,640   Online: 809

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by panastasia View Post
    These times will be remembered as good! "Let the good times roll".
    With these prices I brought my Hasselblad equipment and now I owe enough to buy a house! :o

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Value of MF gear

Well,I guess the thing to do is just hang on to it, use it, and not worry about it.

I recently picked up a 500 cx body, which left me with 3 bodies. I'm not sure if I will ever have a need for three of them, but maybe something will change to make them more value later on.... like affordable Digi backs...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just wait for the selling volume to dry up. The KEH catalog came this week. The price for Pentax 645 and Bronica ETR bodies are up. At least they're higher then I paid last year. OTOH common stuff like 75mm lenses have dropped yet again. Soon they'll have to pay you to take them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fer years I looked at MF SLRs, with no hope of being able to afford anything reasonable. This year, two rb67 bodies (1 ProS, 1 Professional, both in great shape), a 50mm, 65mm, 90mm, 127mm, 150mmSF, and a 180mm lens, all "C" except the 90. Two WLF, a prism finder, a chimney finder, two extenders (#1 and #2), 6 backs (2 6x7, 4 6x45) a couple of hand grips... I haven't broken a grand yet. I've had two bad experiences with crappy equipment ( a 65mm lens that had sand in it, a pro body that was crapped out), returned both.

I'm having a blast. Thank you D*g*t*l.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Fer years I looked at MF SLRs, with no hope of being able to afford anything reasonable. This year, two rb67 bodies (1 ProS, 1 Professional, both in great shape), a 50mm, 65mm, 90mm, 127mm, 150mmSF, and a 180mm lens, all "C" except the 90. Two WLF, a prism finder, a chimney finder, two extenders (#1 and #2), 6 backs (2 6x7, 4 6x45) a couple of hand grips... I haven't broken a grand yet. I've had two bad experiences with crappy equipment ( a 65mm lens that had sand in it, a pro body that was crapped out), returned both.

I'm having a blast. Thank you D*g*t*l.

tim in san jose
    I expect that the price of quality MF gear will start to rise again at some point in the near future. There is a finite number of those cameras around, and a lot more folks like us. Plus, if image quality if your main criteria good MF film, scanned, still equals or beats all but the best digital SLR. I calculated that the dollar factor is about 5:1 in favor of film.

Some MF equipment is still very expensive. Mamiya 7 bodies and lenses, for example, are still in high demand and not inexpensive at all. Pentax 67II bodies are also in pretty high demand, though good lenses are at bargain prices for this camera.

Sandy King

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin