Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,192   Posts: 1,659,091   Online: 886

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fer years I looked at MF SLRs, with no hope of being able to afford anything reasonable. This year, two rb67 bodies (1 ProS, 1 Professional, both in great shape), a 50mm, 65mm, 90mm, 127mm, 150mmSF, and a 180mm lens, all "C" except the 90. Two WLF, a prism finder, a chimney finder, two extenders (#1 and #2), 6 backs (2 6x7, 4 6x45) a couple of hand grips... I haven't broken a grand yet. I've had two bad experiences with crappy equipment ( a 65mm lens that had sand in it, a pro body that was crapped out), returned both.

I'm having a blast. Thank you D*g*t*l.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Fer years I looked at MF SLRs, with no hope of being able to afford anything reasonable. This year, two rb67 bodies (1 ProS, 1 Professional, both in great shape), a 50mm, 65mm, 90mm, 127mm, 150mmSF, and a 180mm lens, all "C" except the 90. Two WLF, a prism finder, a chimney finder, two extenders (#1 and #2), 6 backs (2 6x7, 4 6x45) a couple of hand grips... I haven't broken a grand yet. I've had two bad experiences with crappy equipment ( a 65mm lens that had sand in it, a pro body that was crapped out), returned both.

I'm having a blast. Thank you D*g*t*l.

tim in san jose
    I expect that the price of quality MF gear will start to rise again at some point in the near future. There is a finite number of those cameras around, and a lot more folks like us. Plus, if image quality if your main criteria good MF film, scanned, still equals or beats all but the best digital SLR. I calculated that the dollar factor is about 5:1 in favor of film.

Some MF equipment is still very expensive. Mamiya 7 bodies and lenses, for example, are still in high demand and not inexpensive at all. Pentax 67II bodies are also in pretty high demand, though good lenses are at bargain prices for this camera.

Sandy King

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin