Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,323   Online: 961

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Help with Hasselblad Please.

Yes OK it was my own fault, I changed lenses on my 500CM and the body jammed. Did the screwdriver trick to recock the shutter and got the lens off. Now the rear curtain willnot close when shutter released, only when body wound on and does not open fully when shutter fired, no lens or back fitted.

Please is ther anything I can do to fix it myself or is it a repair shop job, body servise £115+ VAT @ 17.5%

I know others have had the jamming problem, this is where I learned about the screwdriver trick, but I cannot recall any one haveing the rear curtain problems when they reset the body in this way.

All help and advise greatfuly recived thanks.

Regards Paul.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I once had a problem like this on an older 500C camera. The mechanism that controlled the barn doors in the back of the camera had failed due to old age and dry rot. It was definitely a technician's fix. I would take it to someone who you know who is reliable and have them give you a diagnostic and repair quote. Sometimes these things are a $5 repair, and sometimes they're a $500 repair.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin