Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,768   Online: 896

View Poll Results: How do you carry your MF kit? (Note: multiple choices are allowed)

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoulder Bag

37 58.73%
  • Backpack

30 47.62%
  • Beltpack

7 11.11%
  • Neck Strap

20 31.75%
  • Satchel

4 6.35%
  • Vest

4 6.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MF Fujis on neckstraps, Crown Graphics, Hassy in backpack

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    Didn't include duffle bags either. Or hard cases. Or who knows what.

Some of the answer will depend on what MF camera. I've got an old 1950s folder that fits a big pocket. Then you've got MF that are bigger then the average car.

I picked up a messenger bag/laptop bag for my 8x10. I think it'll be fine for the Bronica 645 but would likely be a bad choice for a Mamiya RB or RZ. The bag is padded. Not much money at $30 Canadian. Lots of pockets. Downside it's got a lousy strap. :rolleyes: What could have been a fairly good bag is now borderline. At least until I figure out how to improve the strap.

I can imagine a Pentax 645 on a neck strap. Or a Fuji RF. Even the bigger Fujis.
    I carry my MF Fujis (645, 6x7 and 6x9) on neckstraps. Crown Graphics, Galvin, Hassy, etc. in Gregory Backpack.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do lunch kits count?

I have all sorts and sizes of soft bags, plus one small hard case and one aluminum hard case. I tend to move things around, depending on what my plans are. A small bag with one body and two lenses plus some smaller accessories is always nice, because it is comfortable and unobtrusive, but if need be I've got much larger bags too.

A combination of a large bag in the trunk of the car or at "base camp" plus a small bag over the shoulder often works well.

Matt

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Either a neckstrap, a backpack or a barbag depending on how far I'm going and whether on foot or by bike. Usually it's in a Lowepro padded bag in a pack (Berghaus 64zero).
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Tote Camera and Tripod as One

I've found that a Bronica on tripod with center column
    adjusted just right makes an easy totaly balanced tote.
    Up the trail or through the rough of off trail if distances
    are not great, a comfortable carry.

About to take an RB into the woods in the same manor.
    Tripod, Manfrotto 3001 - Head, Manfrotto 410 Gear Head
    A lens, 65mm this trip - one 120 back

A small hip pack carries a small air can, cable release,
    hood, filters, note pad, etc. A daypack carries a thermos,
    eats, warm shirt, socks, and just-in-case-of a-broken-leg
    gear. If over-nighting all but the camera/tripod combo fits
    into a backpack. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I normally carry my Mamiya 7 II with up to 4 lenses in a Lowe Pro Mini Trekker or a Lowe Pro Orion Fanny belt pack which I would carry in my custom made Backpack or in Lowe Pro Orion AW belt pack. My Rollei 3.5F I would probably carry pretty much the same way. I may carry the Mamiya 7 II with one lens in a special Galen Rowell pouch on a neck strap with the rest of the gear in one of the mentioned systems.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just purchased a Kelty Redwing pack and 3 cases for my rig. It carries a whole lot easier than the old Tamrac backpack. I can't recommend the Photobackpacker setup enough. (An APUG sponsor)

I carry 1 Hassie body, 3 lenses, 2 backs, filter holder/hood, filters, some extension tubes, and 2 meters. And a partridge in a pear tree.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I do a combo- a backpack for carrying the whole kit on the road, and when I'm wandering around at my destination, I usually offload a portion of it into an over-the-shoulder bag that doesn't look like a camera bag, and carry that.
    This is pretty much what I do as well. A few years ago I picked up an older Tamrac 777 at a flea market. This beast is heavy even when it's empty, but it holds a lot of gear - two bodies, (four if you count a Holga and a dxxxxxl camera ) several lenses, film, filters, flash, batteries, charger(s)... and a dollar-store single-strap backpack.

This little pack is ideal because it can hold a camera or two and I can easily swing it around to the front to access my gear. (or to protect it on the subway) It doesn't offer a whole lot of protection, but it is by far the most convenient method for me at this time.

Sometimes, though the tripod over the shoulder like dancqu does is good for a short hike.

The other day, I was out walking without my pack, and my daughter said I looked naked.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have one 500 C/M, one A12, with attached 80mm. A 50mm, a 250mm, a 2x Kenko, Luna Pro SBC, filters, and an old HBlad pro shade. They all fit into an old Domke F2. When I go on the river, it all goes in a Pelican case.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only use a back pack because my shoulder bag was getting too small. It doesn't matter much though when out I put it on a tripod and I don't need to constantly pull it out and put it away.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Lowe Pro Rover combi backback for my Pentax 6X7 + three lenses, tubes and lightmeters etc. When carrying the camera and one lens I use the strap.
    Kind regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin