Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,539   Posts: 1,544,287   Online: 818

View Poll Results: How do you carry your MF kit? (Note: multiple choices are allowed)

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoulder Bag

37 58.73%
  • Backpack

30 47.62%
  • Beltpack

7 11.11%
  • Neck Strap

20 31.75%
  • Satchel

4 6.35%
  • Vest

4 6.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use a Lowepro Omni Trekker bag in shoulder bag mode with an Op/Tech strap,and whilst the contents vary with the trip, I will probably on average have one body, four lenses, three bags , meter, filters and film. The bag generally weighs about 20lb.

Its likely I will have a back up body, bellows shade, and one or two other lenses and backs in the car if I'm using one or at my hotel if I'm not. In addition I'm likely to have a MF rangefinder system in the car or hotel and occasionally I'll configure the bag to hold parts of both systems- normally rangefinder for wider angle and the slr for telephoto and close work.

As well as being the most comfortable shoulder-bag I've found, with everything stored at one level. the Omni Trekker fits right inside a Pelican 1550 case if I need to check gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a back pack that loads from the top for my Hasselblad 503 CX, four lenses, two backs, lens hoods, film, filters, ...

When I go off roading, I put the pack in the front seat with the seatbelt through the shoulder straps. That way I can get the camera and the lens of choice while I am still sitting in the driver's seat. The Nikon is kept in a shoulder bag, but I will quite often put the Nikon on the console.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My MF's are TLRs (neck strap) and an RF (neck strap)

I *store* the RF in a SMALL shoulder bag, formerly full of 35mm RF gear (which I decided didn't NEED a bag)

The second lens goes neatly in my anorak pocket, as do 8 or 9 rolls of film.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Neck strap.
    Usually have my Bronica SQ-Ai slung over my shoulder, riding through town on my bike with my 4x5 in a skate backpack, wrapped in its darkcloth for protection.
    Sounds like 'living dangerously', but no incidents as of yet, knock on wood.
    The whole system with all I've got on it is almost exactly the size of a Pentax 67 w/the wood grip, which my roomate carries over HIS shoulder in the same manner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin