Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,232   Online: 1066

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New hasselblad but lil confused.

I aquired a hasselblad 500C/M as shown here, I just developed my first test roll (Tmax 100). I am a tiny bit confused.

I mainly did a total of 4 shots or so (got a tad impatient, wanted to load up some Tri-X, besides the Tmax was a free roll). Only two of the frames showed up, what showed up fine were the ones I shot with natural light. I did two studio shots hooked up to some strobes, however I connected it to the PC sync via the body (Bad move?) I thought I did least one of the two via the PC sync on the lens (it was set on X).

What I am confused of is the PC sync on the side of the body. I managed to find and download a user manual for a 500C/M, however in the manual is no pictures of the PC sync on the body, so I am somewhat confused.

-Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    the sync on the body should work at X if you have the lens set to X...from the look of the shot you have posted here, your lens is set to M. As a general failsafe, though, use the sync post on the lens. The post in the body may not trigger properly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    the sync on the body should work at X if you have the lens set to X...from the look of the shot you have posted here, your lens is set to M. As a general failsafe, though, use the sync post on the lens. The post in the body may not trigger properly.
    No, the Sync is set to X because its empty below M, the button is under X. (That was the main thing I checked, and I even pushed the switch over to M after pulling down the safety then back to X just to make sure it was under X before firing).
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Course now i can't seem to get it back to m, just between V and X.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    from the looks of shooting two polaroid tests ( one all black, the other an image ) I guess the body PC sync is not syncing correctly but the lens is. (The only problem is the Pc socket on the lens is very small, so its very loose when putting a cable on it).
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In any case here is the first ambient/natural light shot I did on the 500C/M

-Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take the back off the camera, plug in the pc cord and turn on the flash. Set the lens to f2.8, point it at a wall and look through the back of the camera as you fire the shutter. If you see the flash when the lens opens, the synch is good. If you don't, it's set to M... or the x synch is off or not working.

I learned this the hard way with a Rollei TLR, after shooting a couple's 50th wedding anniversary. Ever since then, I have performed this test before shooting a job with any camera with flash.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yea X seems to be working on the lens, no firing at all on the body. Wondering what the second hole is on the body.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The other hole is for a small hook Hasselblad used as a retiner for the PC cord.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can find Hasselblad camera and lens manuals here => http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWVSys.aspx

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin