Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,351   Online: 1053

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rollei SL66 unsharp pictures

Hello together,

I have a problem with my SL66. It producing only sharp pictures using a flash. Without flash, even with a tripot and MLU I get unsharp pictures. Only at shutter speeds faster or equal 1/250 s its getting sharp.

Is this the normal way of Rollei? Is it realy shutter vibration? Could a shutter dumper be out of order?

Also I get no realy sharp pictures using the tilt. The result is a soft picture from the near to the far away. No realy sharp (tilt) plane.

Looking forward for helping ideas.

best regards
    Ingo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andingi View Post
    Hello together,

I have a problem with my SL66. It producing only sharp pictures using a flash. Without flash, even with a tripot and MLU I get unsharp pictures. Only at shutter speeds faster or equal 1/250 s its getting sharp.

Is this the normal way of Rollei? Is it realy shutter vibration? Could a shutter dumper be out of order?
    The shutter of the SL66 is famous for low vibration. No, it's not the normal way of Rollei. I think, your camera needs a CLA.

Also I get no realy sharp pictures using the tilt. The result is a soft picture from the near to the far away. No realy sharp (tilt) plane.
    If it's not sharp untilted it can not be sharp tilted.

Ulrich

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you tried the mirror lockup switch? It would eliminate problems caused by "mirror slap". It should still should be sharp even without the mirror lockup.

Make sure the camera is not rocking or shaking on the tripod. The SL66 is heavy and has a large base and needs a secure tripod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd agree something is wrong with your camera. I used to do 1-2 second exposures with my SL66 with no cable release (mounting hole was stripped) and got sharp pictures due to the weight of the camera.
    Benno Jones
    Seattle, WA

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Make sure your focusing screen is placed correctly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naaldvoerder View Post
    Make sure your focusing screen is placed correctly.
    That is something to check. I have heard that the screen sometimes doesn't seat properly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is also possible that the camera focus is off. I had the infinity focus of one of my Leica R4SPs off and Leica USA had to make an adjustment.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    It is also possible that the camera focus is off. I had the infinity focus of one of my Leica R4SPs off and Leica USA had to make an adjustment.

Rich
    In the SL66 this can only happen of the focussingscreen or the mirror is out of place. The screen is the most likely candidate. (And far less costly to repair

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naaldvoerder View Post
    In the SL66 this can only happen of the focussingscreen or the mirror is out of place. The screen is the most likely candidate. (And far less costly to repair
    Flipping the screen was my first thought also. But if it was the screen then why does he get sharp pictures with flash and times shorter than 1/250th?

The first could be due to stopping down more but the second?

Best

Stefan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello and thanks for the answers. But the thing is, that it takes sharp and crisp pictures using flash. So out of line adjustment of the screen os mirror can not explain this. I realy think it must be vibration. Does the SL66 has a damper for the shutter?
    Did you SL66 user get realy sharp pictures (sharp: viewing at 8x enlargement you can see details in the centre which are in the resolution of the film).

best regards
    Ingo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin