Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,525   Posts: 1,645,719   Online: 781

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Dan, while that's true.. I don't like to lug my hasselblad around on a whim.
    I tend to bring gear with me when I am specifically going somewhere to take pictures. I want something to keep with me in a glovebox, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Phillip, thanks for the explanation. Since you're already shooting 6x6, I'll second David's suggestion of a Perkeo II. And I'll second the several suggestions that you budget for at least a shutter CLA as well as for the basic camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've shot several of these. My own favorite is the Balda Super Baldax, which has a coupled rangefinder. Nice camera and inexpensive to come by -- visit Jurgen Krekel at www.certo6.com for good users. Sanders

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd suggest the Voigtländer Perkeo II too. Especially with the Color-Skopar, that is said to be one of the absolute sharpest front-cell focussing lenses.

The Perkeo II plus the accessory Voigtländer rangefinder should be a nice combination.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Perkeo II is nice, especially with the Color-Skopar. so they tend to be expensive, especially with the Color-Skopar...

If I take a folder with me to the oil rigs it's the Zenobia: Cheap, 6x4.5 gives 16 exposures per roll, and the Neo-Hesper is yet another coated Tessar-clone. It just happens to work well, too!

I have several other folders: Bessa, Perkeo, Ikonta, Balda, Welta et cetera. The Zenobia may not be the best, but it's still the most "bang for the buck"!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Look for unit-focusing rather than front-cell-focusing lenses, as the latter are often, in my reasonably extensive experience over the last 40 years, significantly less sharp.
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    Look for unit-focusing rather than front-cell-focusing lenses, as the latter are often, in my reasonably extensive experience over the last 40 years, significantly less sharp.

Ah yes Roger. I still need to figure out a way to give you a ZI nettar 6x6 so you can see how sharp a littl' 3 element front focusing folder can be.

I have photos taken with the nettar you couldn't tell were not taken with my rb67.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Another vote for Jurgen Kreckel, a.k.a Certo6. You have to email him and ask him what he's got currently, and give him a price range.

I picked up an Isolette III (with Apotar lens) from him about a year ago - beautifully restored. It's got an uncoupled rangefinder. It was about US$200.

I've recently been stockpiling expired 120 film so I can shoot with it more - the 6x6 is definitely a different experience.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Ah yes Roger. I still need to figure out a way to give you a ZI nettar 6x6 so you can see how sharp a littl' 3 element front focusing folder can be.

I have photos taken with the nettar you couldn't tell were not taken with my rb67.

tim in san jose
    Dear Tim,

I'm prepared to believe there are good ones, hence the qualifiers in my post (largely due to you). It's just that I've been regularly disappointed by the ones I've tried.

Cheers,

Roger
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of the several coupled and uncoupled RF folders I have in 6x6 and 6x9, my favourite remains the Russian Iskra. Great lens (unit focus), probably the best viewfinder on a folder, automatic film advance and not too expensive.

Get one from a reliable seller, make sure the film advance mechanism has been tested, and I'm sure you'll really enjoy caryying and using it.

Another nice one, assuming the RF is in good condition, it the Certo Six. Very well made, great lens (unit focus), but the focus lever is not to everyone's taste.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin