Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,718   Posts: 1,514,837   Online: 936

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

use a paramender

re: k_juopiter's remark, for studio work you might want to try and dig up a paramender to solve the paralax issue.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an older C model and paramender if you want to try it. But I wouldn't expect parallax to be much of an issue at portrait distances. I think the lenses I have are the 80mm and the 180mm. I often prefer a TLR to an SLR for MF portraiture because the quiet shutter and absence of shutter lag for the mirror can cut down on blinking problems with nervous subjects.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually with a C330 doing portrait work, you don't need a paramender. Good thing too, they are a PITB.

I still think with the price of Hasseys and rb67s being what they are, they are the way to go.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Actually with a C330 doing portrait work, you don't need a paramender. Good thing too, they are a PITB.

I still think with the price of Hasseys and rb67s being what they are, they are the way to go.

tim in san jose
    Thanks, due to APUG that is the way I went*.

Steve

*from a C330 to a Hassy.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got a C330 and a C330S. The differences are pretty minor in my opinion. I pick up one of them or the other fairly equally, the differences aren't really enough to affect the decision. Well, actually, the one significant difference between them that does affect which one I like to use is to do with the strap lugs. I prefer the way the C330 hangs - the C330S strap lugs are far too far forward, causing the camera to tilt up at an angle and dig into me by its rear hood edge as I walk along. Other than that, I like them both.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you go with the TLR, get the prism finder as well. It makes a world of difference, and is quite bright enough for any normal application. All my currently posted 'graphs were made with my C220 and the prism (NOT the Porrofinder). I've had mine for over 20 years and love it's lightness and ease of use. If I didn't have it, however, I'd very seriously consider the Hassie. It's also light and has become really affordable now.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, for the purpose of disclaimer...

I have had my C220 for 14 years now. It takes great photos. But I have never really felt comfortable with it and I have never been able to articulate why. The first time I picked up my rb67... something clicked. I had my finger on the shutter release.

No, I think it's a matter of taste. I had already used a rb graplex and thought it was a great camera. It was an easy transistion to a smaller mamiya rb.

I am sure Scott will make the correct decision.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What's the difference between the prism and porro finders?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The porro finders are essentially a mirror. They are lighter than the prism finders, but a lot less bright.

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    just so y'all know, I've not gotten a TLR at this point - I have a 3x4 RB Graflex model D, with a 6x9 rollfilm back. I'm still kicking around the idea of getting a C330 for studio portraiture, just for the ease of use with strobe, if nothing else. Although, I DID see a Hassy 500 EL/M (I think it was an EL/M... might have been just an EL) in my local camera store for $85. I need to call and ask what the heck that's all about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin