Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,258   Online: 756

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One significant difference (applies to any TLR vs any SLR) is that you see the subject at the moment of exposure.

As to "a C330 with a 135 or 180 for similar money" (in this case $500), I think you can do a lot better than that if buying from a private party and minimally patient. I'd stay away from the older chrome (Seikosha shutter) lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    just so y'all know, I've not gotten a TLR at this point - I have a 3x4 RB Graflex model D, with a 6x9 rollfilm back. I'm still kicking around the idea of getting a C330 for studio portraiture, just for the ease of use with strobe, if nothing else. Although, I DID see a Hassy 500 EL/M (I think it was an EL/M... might have been just an EL) in my local camera store for $85. I need to call and ask what the heck that's all about.
    I got rid of my C330 because of the fiddle factor - there was no "ease of use" with a C330. However there is ease of use with a Hassey.

Just my thoughts.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    For my (future) C330, I wonder if I should buy a 135 or a 180. Is there a quality difference?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya C lenses

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Grunchec View Post
    For my (future) C330, I wonder if I should buy a 135 or a 180. Is there a quality difference?
    I have both the 135 and 180 super, I have used them for twenty three years, they are both very good, I prefer the135 especially if I'm working in my small studio, or in peoples houses, the 180 is good for tight head shots, and outdoors.
    Quality wise, overall probably the180 is better, but they are both capable of excellent results.
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin