Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,778   Online: 869

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Differences between C330F and C330S?

What are the differences between these two animals? I'm looking at something to have in the studio for shooting color portraits, other than 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    What are the differences between these two animals? I'm looking at something to have in the studio for shooting color portraits, other than 35mm.
    I don't know but I had the much earlier C33 and that was a superb camera, and also a C3, I did look at the C330 spec, and the later 330s and 300f & it's something trivial, and irrelevant.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 09-19-2007 at 12:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The answer may be found here:

http://www.btinternet.com/~g.a.patterson/
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The F is an earlier model, has more metal (less plastic) than the S, and is somewhat heavier (more sturdy?) as a result. The F takes different focusing screens (IIRC), even those from earlier models which the S won't accommodate. Otherwise, service manuals are available for the F, but I've never seen one listed for the S. Never had an F, but love my S.

I think a good C330 of whatever model will make an excellent studio camera, and they are relatively cheap.

K.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott,

Why would you not be lookiing at a rb67 or something like that? I find the SLR a bit nicer to use than the TLR, I have both.Certainly the options to switch film backs proves to be a life saver at times.

If you compare shutter systems, the rb series lens are amazing in their bulletproofness compared to the TLR Seikos.

Just wondering.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had the opportunity to play with an RZ the other day. I had some issues with configuration for the thing (rotating the back, mirror lock-up, etc) which were minor, but I don't like the square screen with crop marks for the 6x7 format. I've been a Hassy shooter for a long time, and I'm concerned that I'd have a bad habit of composing the whole way to the corners. Maybe I need to just rent one and play with it for a while. I can get an RZ with a 180 W-N lens and a back for around $500, or a C330 with a 135 or 180 for similar money. I'd be out to the tune of a grand or more to get back into a Hassy system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Scott,

I had a C330 with the 65mm, 80mm and 250mm lens. The viewfinder was dark. It had a high fiddle factor. Some lenses cocked when the film was advanced, other lenses did not cock when the film was advanced.

I abandoned it for my Hasselblad with 50mm, 80mm, 150mm and 250mm lenses and I am much happier ... I don't have that heavy bank book to carry around.

Others love the C330.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep. I know. But if you have any hankerin' for getting back into Hassey world, now is the time. I chose the rb, as for the same money as a 501, A12 and 80 mm Planar, I have a system with two bodies, all the lens from 50 to 180 ('ceptin the 140mm) 6 backs and four viewfinders. My photography and it's end product don't justify the difference between a 80mm Planar and a 90mm C lens.

You can't go wrong with a C330, if you get a good one, I am still happy hauling my C220 around with a 65mm lens for doing 120 landscape shooting. I just don't like the paralax issues using it in studio and don't feel the 135 is the same quality of lens that the 127 is in rb land. The 65mm lens are good in both systems, the 80mm tlr seems as good as the 90mm but it has a slightly flakey shutter sometimes. The 180mm is sharper in the rb system, and then there is that pretty amazing 150 Soft Focus lens on the rb67.

Best of luck,

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to have a c330 system and shot quite a few good images with it. I found in the long run the camera was a bit delicate for the way I like to play. I also had to resort to glueing the sync switches to the X position to avoid accidents when changing lenses during a shoot. More than one session was ruined due to the switch being bumped off X inadvertantly. I moved to a Bronica system and my only regret is the easy close focusing ability afforded by the bellows and long rack of the TLR.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I like my c330f a great deal and my 80mm and 55mm are wonderful lenses.
    You may want to use a stepladder when shooting portraits or look for the fine eye level finder.
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin