Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,668   Posts: 1,481,744   Online: 862

Shooter
    Large Format Pan

Hasselblad Help Needed

I have three Hasselblad bodies, 2 500 Cs, and a 500 CM. I can't remove the lenses on two of the bodies (the 500C and 500CM) and I can't mount a lens on the 2nd 500C.

Now, I have no experience with Hasselblad equipment and I've never exposed an inch of film in any of them so I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

I've inherited this equipment and would like to use it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Don Bryant

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Don,
    Don't have any experience with the older 500C and M bodies but have some with the 503Cx and CW and i don't think there's a big difference.
    The body you are having problems mounting the lens on is most likely the fact that the shutter and the lens is not in sync with the body. Both need to be cocked when you change lens.
    Cock the the body with the film winder. On the back of the lens you will see what looks like a screw but actually is the shutter connection from body to lens. With a little screw driver or a dime you can cock the shutter by turning in the direction of the arrow (Clockwise) When both lens and body is cocked you should be able to mount the lens.

Your other problem i am a little more uncertain off. Could be the same problem that one or the other is not cocked but i just don't know how they could be out of sync when already mounted.

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To get the lens off, (I think) remove the film back, look for the slotted screw type thing mentioned, and turn that. A screwdriver works, but there is a special tool for these.

They are finicky that way...
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on View Post
    To get the lens off, (I think) remove the film back, look for the slotted screw type thing mentioned, and turn that. A screwdriver works, but there is a special tool for these.

They are finicky that way...
    Okay guys, I think I figured out the problem with two of the bodies. The body and the lens has to be cocked to remove the lens.

THe third 500 C body is another story though. I can't put a lens on it and I've tried the screw adjesment trick inside the body.

Thanks,
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's what you do. But yeah - that's why - always make sure both lens and body are cocked before removing the lens...!

http://www.david-odess.com/faq.html#q18

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    THe third 500 C body is another story though. I can't put a lens on it and I've tried the screw adjesment trick inside the body.

Thanks,
    I had that same problem. The screw adjustment trick wouldn't work. It turns out my Blad was in desperate need of a service as the internals were quite gunked up and not functioning. It now sounds literally like clockwork.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin