Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,275   Online: 1149

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Mamiya RB + Kenko converter?

I want to do a landscape project with my RB67 and a long lens. I thought I had the perfect answer when Mamiya offered close-out prices on RB gear and I ordered a new 350 lens. This has, however, not yet arrived, and so to get the project started, having concluded that the only 360 C lens I could find secondhand was too poor to consider, I have bought a Kenko 2x converter, at present on its way from Israel. This is stated to have 6 elements and be in mint condition. I am of course aware of the limitations of converters, but I anticipate using it with a 180 KL lens at infinity focus and stopped down around 2 stops (marked f8/11, f16/22 effective). Ultimately it could have interesting possibilities in combination with the 350 lens, assuming this arrives some time!

Does anyone have experience of this converter?

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the MC6 frequently, no problems due to the converter, image quality may suffer theoretically, but with my 250 and 360 (non C) the only giveway on the neg is if it's windy and I use a longer exposure, the leaves will blur a little. Problems caused by the photographer, on the other hand....

erie

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin