Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,330   Posts: 1,537,194   Online: 830

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

tripod rec for hassy

I'm looking to buy a tripod for my hasselblad 501cm w/ 50mm lens. I have a cheap slik (piece of junk) tripod now and it moves when the shutter fires. I would prefer to get something somewhere in the $200 range (or lower) but if i need to spend more to get something that works then i guess i will.

Anybody have a recommendation?
    thanks
    -bryan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using a Bogen/Manfrotto 3001 with the 484 ball head with my 501. Works well for me, plus it is light-weight and quick to set up. Ttoal price is under your $200 limit. If I were to do it over again, I'd look twice at the similar-looking equipment being advertized by Calumet.

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You might find the chapter on handheld vs light tripod vs heavy tripod in Barry Thornton's "Edge of Darkness" interesting in your deliberations. I can't seem to locate my copy at the moment, but the testing was impressive.

I've got an old Star-D, and it's starting to show its age; I'm worried.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I swear by Gitzo if you can find one on Ebay. They used to mount machine guns on these things!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tiltall or Manfrotto 055(?) used to be 3021.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by schroeg View Post
    I swear by Gitzo if you can find one on Ebay. They used to mount machine guns on these things!
    great, a machine gun, maybe a manual hassy would do in this case.

Have a look on the FEISOLS and BENRO's. They are cheap and probably as good as a machine gun mounted Gitzo...

I have a thread up talking about the above choices...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

thanks

hey guys thanks for the help. i went to calumet today and picked up the manfrotto 055XPROB and a heavy duty 3way calumet head. works great.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin