Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,949   Posts: 1,585,937   Online: 995

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya RB67 140macro lense

I was thinking about getting the 140macro lense. Is it a decent lense? I already have a 50 and the 180.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    is that a soft focus lens....or is it a soft focus lens for the M645?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't believe it is soft focus. I was hoping to find some info on the 140macro for the RB67.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This Mamiya lens has a link, try it for info.

http://www.mamiya.com/products/defau...=51&ID2=81&Z=4
    Patrick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't have the 140, so keep that in mind as you read my comment...

I think just about all the rb lenses (I have the 37, the 65, 127, 150, 180, and 360) are nice for macro; I have a couple of different extension tubes and I have been very happy with them. I don't see any really offensive distortion at close focus with any of them, well, excluding the fish I didn't get the 140 macro because the neighbouring focal lengths are so nice and you can achieve similar reproduction ratios with tubes. And they have the same f/32 minimum aperture, as I recall.

On the other hand, the rb lenses are so inexpensive now, why not pick up a truckload while you can...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the information. Jeff Kubach

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Even with the 140mm, I believe you'll still need extension tubes to get 1:1.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I was thinking about getting the 140macro lense. Is it a decent lense? I already have a 50 and the 180.
    It's a decent lens that also doubles as a portrait lens. The 90 is faster, fits niecly between 50 and 180, and will magnify more - also incorporates a floating element design for close work.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My 90mm is a triplet and does not have a floating lens, the 140 is 'symmetrical' and does have a floating element. If you need optimium performance e.g. copying small objects at high resolution then I'd suggest you have to pay the piper, and get a 140mm, and set it for the magnification you are using. If you only need snaps then the 90 or 127 will do ok.
    Do you make posters out of shots of spiders or other insects?
    Noel
    Last edited by Xmas; 10-14-2007 at 06:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,

The 140 macro is my favourite lens for the RB. I use it for macro of course but also for portraits. Because of the floating element one get impeccable performance at any distance. I did sell my 127 though when I got the 140. Just too close.

Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin