Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,698   Posts: 1,549,105   Online: 1127

Shooter
    Multi Format

question about super ikonta?

hey all,
    I am currently bidding on a super ikonta 530/16 and the seller posted in the descripition that the top buttons(what looks like the rangefinder, shutter release ,and the the film rewind lever does not work. He says he has not tested this camera with film. Do the top buttons, ie shutter release and rangefinder etc only work if there is film in the camera?

thanks,
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schunn99 View Post
    hey all,
    I am currently bidding on a super ikonta 530/16 and the seller posted in the descripition that the top buttons(what looks like the rangefinder, shutter release ,and the the film rewind lever does not work. He says he has not tested this camera with film. Do the top buttons, ie shutter release and rangefinder etc only work if there is film in the camera?

thanks,
    Scott
    Sounds like this camera needs to vist Jurgen Kreckel (or someone like him). You are talking about a $150. to $200. CLA/REPAIR bill here - MORE if the camera needs a new bellows. That said, these Zeiss Super Ikontas are wonderful MF cameras when they are in good working order.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This uses roll film camera, and you never rewind roll film. It simply runs from one spool to the other.

The 530/16 was the first of the Super Ikonta B models. It uses separate windows for focusing and composing. The successor model, 532/16, features a unified viewfinder/rangefinder.

The cameras otherwise operate the same. You can dry fire the camera. The process is somewhat complex to explain. However, you can release the shutter using the small tab near the bottom hinge.

The Super Ikonta employs double-exposure prevention and also autoframing. You get just 11 exposures, rather than 12.

It's likely that the Super Ikonta will need to be serviced. Prices vary according to who is performing the service.

The Super Ikonta, like nearly all Zeiss Ikon cameras, is an excellent photographic machine. The leather bellows on Zeiss Ikon cameras generally have survived the decades intact. Of the Zeiss Ikon cameras that I've serviced in past years, fewer than five have needed new bellows.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I remember dry firing my old one but I thought there was exposure lock as well at the end of the roll. In fact there is a little trick where you can rotate the frame counter and get the extra 12th exposure.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Super Ikonta Price & info Guide

http://members.aol.com/dcolucci/ikonta.htm

Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin