Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,577   Online: 922

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fuji GA 645 s pro (wide)

Hi,

I am considering buying a fuji ga 645s camera, to use mainly as a walkaround camera which gives a little better quality than 35mm or digi, any veiwpoints on the above camera, how is the lens, metering, is there auto metering too?
    Any points of veiw would be very gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Whicn Fuji 645?

Quote Originally Posted by ecalpemos View Post
    Hi,

I am considering buying a fuji ga 645s camera, to use mainly as a walkaround camera which gives a little better quality than 35mm or digi, any veiwpoints on the above camera, how is the lens, metering, is there auto metering too?
    Any points of veiw would be very gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Andy
    Andy, any reasonably competent 645 should blow 35mm film or digital away in terms of image quality.

I own several Fuji 645 cameras, I have found the Fuji lens quality on all of them to be outstanding - fully comparable (or superior) to the Zeiss lenses on my Hassleblad.

My Fuji 645i Professional has a 60mm Super EBC Fujinon Lens ( I consider the 60mm to be a slightly wide Normal lens on the 645 format). Autofocus, Automatic Exposure Control and Automatic film advance are all built into this camera.

My Fuji 645Zi Professional has a 55mm to 90mm Super EBC Fujinon Zoom Lens ( I consider the 55 mm to be a slightly wide Normal lens on the 645 format, I consider 90mm to be long focal length - not telephoto). Film Bar code reading, Autofocus, Automatic Exposure Control and Automatic film advance are all built into this camera.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Andy,

I, too, own a Fuji 645Zi and find that I like everything about the camera. The lens is tack sharp, metering is spot on (as long as you use your head to pay attention to the settings it's making) and, if I let it, programmed autoexposure. Like you, I bought it as a walk-around camera giving me better than 35mm or digital quality. Toss on an Up-Strap and you'll be taking this little gem with you everywhere! I think you would be pleased with any version of these cameras purchased.

Good luck and have fun! If you get one, burn a roll of TMax 100 and semi-stand develop in Pyrocat HD and let us know what ya think.
    Regards,
    Alan Huntley
    www.silverscapephoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for the advice, I am sure that I will pick up this camera now as it will cost me just 250 dollars, I will post how it goes with the tmax 100.

Thanks again.

A

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin