Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,790   Posts: 1,671,546   Online: 885

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Cable release for Yashica Mat 124?

Hi,

Just got a Yashica mat 124 for a song and I can't seem to
    trigger the shutter with the 2 cable release I have, that work on every
    single camera I owned, Nikon, Hassy, Mamiya C, etc...Anything
    particular about the Yashica?

cheers
    jf
    jf
    --
    "The fact was I had the vision...I think everyone has...what we lack is the method." J.Kerouac

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, you need an adapter to plug in a standard cable release. It's like a little ring that screws OVER the shutter release, so that the normal cable release will screw in that adapter, and trigger the shutter.

I have one for my Yashica D that I bought from a seller on eBay. They're called sometimes "leica nipples."
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    Yes, you need an adapter to plug in a standard cable release. It's like a little ring that screws OVER the shutter release, so that the normal cable release will screw in that adapter, and trigger the shutter.

I have one for my Yashica D that I bought from a seller on eBay. They're called sometimes "leica nipples."
    Thanks Michael!
    Not sure what a search for 'nipple' will turn out on eBay
    jf
    jf
    --
    "The fact was I had the vision...I think everyone has...what we lack is the method." J.Kerouac

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by malinmalin View Post
    Thanks Michael!
    Not sure what a search for 'nipple' will turn out on eBay
    jf
    Fear... only fear!

Actually, I haven't been using mine in a while, so if you want to borrow or buy it, you're welcome to drop me a line.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are only cheap new, you need a Compur to Leica adaptor, most camera shops will have them.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    they cost less than 5$ new, so don't waste your time on ebay to get one at the same price and with a lot more overcharged shippingrates.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin