Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,317   Posts: 1,536,764   Online: 1083

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

6x6 TLR sharpest lens?

Which 6x6 TLR have the sharpest lens?

Would it have noticeable benefit over Bronica 80/2.8 PS lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Bronica you mention is a very good lens and I've seen beautiful work from a friend's. My guess is that a Rollei, likely a 2.8 Planar would be about as sharp as you could find on a TLR. I had one and it was a great piece of glass. I also had a Koni-Omegaflex back then and the Hexanon 90mm was an under-appreciated optic that was as capable as anything, especially when stopped down but was excellent at wider apertures, too. Some of my favorite old enlargements were done with a Tele-Rollei which was exceptional, also.
    Craig Schroeder

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I would nt think many lenses, if any, would have a noticeable difference in sharpness over Bronica lenses....I think Bronica lenses are incredible lenses.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks.

Okay, please let me rephrase my question. I'd like to add a TLR for better portability at times. Out of those TLRs out there, which are considered having extremely sharp lenses, including wide open?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_G View Post
    Thanks.

Okay, please let me rephrase my question. I'd like to add a TLR for better portability at times. Out of those TLRs out there, which are considered having extremely sharp lenses, including wide open?
    f/3.5 Planar, followed by f/2.8.

But who is doing the 'considering'?

Betcha plenty will argue with the above.

Cheers,

R.
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    f/3.5 Planar, followed by f/2.8.

Cheers,

R.
    Lol … I appreciate your view and experience, as much as I'd love to see others views and others mileage … should a war start, it must be a Holly War …

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Roger Hicks;535488]f/3.5 Planar, followed by f/2.8.

Cheers,

R.[/QUOTE

Not arguing with Roger, but I don t know If I could tell the difference! There are probably some tests to justify an answer but my eyes can t see it even if I use the Bi focals.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm
    All I'm interested in is differences seen by the naked eyes (at enlargements). I'm not into any MTF tests, only in what the eyes see.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mamiya TLR lenses are excellent, especially the later model black versions. Not too pricey either, especially compared to Rolleis .
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Mamiya TLR lenses are excellent, especially the later model black versions. Not too pricey either, especially compared to Rolleis .
    Thanks. Mamyas are fairly bulky and heavy (as far as I remember) – no much improved portability over Bronica SQ-AI.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin