Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,417   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    * You don't need tools to tighten or untighten the 65mm front lens cells. They just unscrew by hand. You could take it all the way off, have a look inside and blow out any dust that might've found its way in there in the meantime, then screw it back on to finger tightness (don't overtighten it, just tight enough to stay where it is).

* Of course you can change lenses in mid-roll - but you have to rack the focus back in to the camera for the interlock to disengage to allow you to unlock the lens pack to change lenses (then switch the dial on the side to 'unlock').

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    You can find these tools all over Ebay shipped directly from Japan, but I found that after shipping the price was the same as buying from a company here in the USA. (search "camera tools" on ebay) also check here http://www.micro-tools.com/
    Surely buying from Japan or buying from USA both involve similar postage and packing costs?
    Last edited by Ian Tindale; 10-27-2007 at 07:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How do I go about tightening it by hand?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    I never realised you're unable to change the lenses mid roll with a TLR which is no good at all
    Sure you can. I do it all the time on my C220. Interchangeable lenses are the main reason most folks buy a Mamiya TLR. All you do is turn the knob on the one side of the camera which raises the light baffle. Quick, easy and effective.

Jim B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I never realised there was a light baffle. Shows how much research I put into buying this and how much attention I payed to the instruction manual.

Thanks Ian, I'm very grateful. I've had the lens apart and now the problem is solved. I'm once again very happy with this camera! Now to get a roll through it tomorrow.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can change the lenses on a 330 mid roll, you just turn the dial to the "Unlock" position, and a blind comes over the lens throat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When it comes time to load film, here's how (something I prepared earlier):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/iantind...7594329666989/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    I never realised you're unable to change the lenses mid roll with a TLR which is no good at all. I'm looking at a modular 6x6 SLR now.
    Every Mamiya TLR I've ever had lets you switch lenses mid-roll. Who says you can't?
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rrankin View Post
    Every Mamiya TLR I've ever had lets you switch lenses mid-roll. Who says you can't?
    Richard
    Jarvman has seen the error of his ways. Just wait till he finds out you can shoot the rest of a roll of film with the baffle closed (at least on a C220). *L*

Then we will see someone really torqued.

J-man, whatcha gonna do with the RZ? It's 6x7 anyway. As far as a good price? I don't know. I do know I could have bought two complete RB67s for that kind of money here in the states.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Jarvman has seen the error of his ways. Just wait till he finds out you can shoot the rest of a roll of film with the baffle closed (at least on a C220). *L*
    tim in san jose
    Thankfully you can't do that on a C330S. The thought entered my head that what you said could happen. When the C330S is in unlock mode it won't allow you to fire the shutter though so it's not a problem.

I didn't really want the RZ. Well, Ideally it'd be nice to have one. Like it'd be nice to have a hassy but I don't want to pay rediculous money. I only placed an offer cause I was drunk at 2 in the morning and feeling disillusioned with the TLR. Bad mistake! I don't want to buy it but the guy on eBay accepted my offer and now I'm obliged to. I explained I don't want to buy it and apologised explaining I'd pay his relisting fees to which he said there was a £15 charge for non paying bidders. It must cost him about £1-2 to relist the thing which I'm willing to pay but not £15. I'm really happy with my TLR now I've sussed out how to use it and fixed my lens thanks to this thread.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin