Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,339   Online: 1073

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh yeah, RB's are interesting. Can you get a 6x6 back for them though? That was the only thing that put me off. I wanted to shoot square. It would've been an idea to crop the 6x7 image. That way I'd have the option of enlarging to the dimentions of the paper if I wanted to. Hmm. I borrowed a mates bronica sq the other weekend and took some photos of waterfalls. It sounds boring but they turned out really well. I love these big ol negs. I haven't printed them yet cause I can only print 35mm from home. I'll have to wait until after the holidays when I get back to uni.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    190 GB pounds is what about $400? For a RZPro body with finder I don't think's it's way out of line. Depends on condition of course. I think that's about what KEH is selling bargain grade RZ PRO II.

Of course ou still need to add a lens and a back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah it's a pretty good price, but as you said it starts to get expensive when you need to add a back and a lens. I'm hopefully going to pick up another C330S, a C330F, three lenses and a prism finder for £99 or $203 tonight. :-)
    RB67's are unbelievebly cheap with a lens too, perhaps I'll look into buying one in future for the 6x7 format and no doubt you can buy a 6x4.5 back for them too right? Although 645 isn't as appealing to me. At least I've got 6x6 covered with the TLR now anyhow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    6x45 backs are much more common then 6x6 backs for the RZ.

It's a big setup for shooting 6x45. Plenty of smaller 6x45 for not much more money then a 6x45 back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nah, I'm on about for the RB now not the RZ.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can get 645 backs for an rb fairly easily. I have 3...

I have heard there are 6x6 backs for the rb, but I have never seen one, nor met anyone who ever confessed to using one.

I would say keep your C330, the 65mm lens is pretty sharp. I have done a lot of landscape stuff with the 220 and a nice older 65mm lens.

rbs are cheap, but many are beat to hell.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I went out today and shot some landscapes. Didn't manage to finish the whole film though. It's strange not having a distance scale you can set to hyperfocal, I'm used to not being able to preview dof from using rangefinders though. I've got a double patterson tank in the post so I can develop it later in the week when it's done. It'll be interesting to see how it's turned out. The thing I do need to invest in is a decent tripod. the one I've got now is crap. Any suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's been a long time since I picked up a C330. Is there no distance scale on the side of the bellows mechanism like on a C3 or C220? Not that I use it much, but it's nice to know that information (DOF and bellows compensation) is there.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    I explained I don't want to buy it and apologised explaining I'd pay his relisting fees to which he said there was a £15 charge for non paying bidders. It must cost him about £1-2 to relist the thing which I'm willing to pay but not £15. I'm really happy with my TLR now I've sussed out how to use it and fixed my lens thanks to this thread.
    If you plan on re-selling it, you'll most likely lose more than £15 on the deal, especially if you're paying for shipping on top the selling price. £190 seems really high to me. RZ bodies in good condition with WLFs are readily available for less than half that. Also, you can't test it without a lens. You can't fully test it without a lens, film back and AE finder (if you sell it, the person who buys it might want to use an AE finder).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by max_ebb View Post
    If you plan on re-selling it, you'll most likely lose more than £15 on the deal, especially if you're paying for shipping on top the selling price. £190 seems really high to me. RZ bodies in good condition with WLFs are readily available for less than half that. Also, you can't test it without a lens. You can't fully test it without a lens, film back and AE finder (if you sell it, the person who buys it might want to use an AE finder).
    Just for the record - where are good RZ bodies with WLFs available for less than US$200? Certainly not on e-bay, where I could only find a complete RZ Pro which had sold for £400 ($800) and a Pro II for £500 ($1000). It should be borne in mind that, with the RB/RZ67 more than almost any other camera, there are examples around which look clean but have led extremely hard lives in studios and are virtually completely worn out, in contrast to the Mamiya TLR series, where the bodies are comparatively simple, have few moving parts and may at most need attention to the winding mechanism and light seals (slight caveat - I understand shutter spares are now scarce).

Regards,

David

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin