Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,599   Online: 1032

Shooter
    Medium Format

Can you tell me how? (to use a leaf shutter lens on a Pentax 67)

Can anyone tell me how to use a 90mm Pentax 6x7 lens with
    the leaf shutter in it with flash? Also, how would I use it if
    I don't want to use it with flash.

I am bidding on one on eBay, so lets assume I get it. At least
    I'll have the knowledge when and if I DO get one if I'm over bid.

Thanks to the knowledgeable ones!

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 90mm LS lens has a PC socket to connect the PC cord from your flash. You have to make sure the lens is set to the 'U' setting (U for usual and S for special), and you have to cock the lens shutter separately. You set the camera shutter speed to 1/8, and set the leaf shutter speed on the lens. If you don't cock the leaf shutter on the lens, it works as a regular 90mm lens.

The 'S' setting on the lens is for shooting multiple exposures. If you want to multiple expose a frame, you set the lens to 'S', attach a cable release to the lens, cock the lens shutter (also set the shutter speed on the lens), and set the camera to 'time' mode (set the shutter speed dial between shutter speeds). Then when you press the shutter button on the camera, the lens shutter closes before the camera shutter opens. You fire the lens shutter with the cable release, and you can re-cock and fire it as many times as you want before you close the camera shutter (when you close the camera shutter the leaf shutter opens back up).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks!

I won the lens BWT.

Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin