Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,842   Online: 988

Shooter
    35mm

minolta autocord/new purchase.....

So I have made the jump from a Lubitel 166U to a Minolta Autocord. From a freebie to paying actual money! Got it at a reasonable price from another camera guy. Brought it home,surfed the 'net for some info, ran a roll of Kodak Portra 400VC thru it, let my 2 granddaughters try a couple of shots with it.
    Just got done doing a forum search here - so I am going to throw it out to the group - Fill me in on your experiences good or bad with this camera. Mine appears to be about a 1965 model with the Citizen MVL shutter and Rokker lenses.
    At 11:00PM it is -10C(+12F),sunrise at 9:30AM, sunset at 5:30PM and several inches of snow on the ground. These conditions expected to last until the end of March. Such is life in Fairbanks Alaska. Will be going on 2 years with the camera hobby soon, so all help is very much appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had a couple of Autocords and they are lovely cameras. The only weak point is the focussing lever and you see quite a few examples with either a broken or very sticky lever.
    The results are as good as anything I've had from my Rolleicord Vb and Yashicas and I've found that the Minolta glass is very underrated. I seem to remember that Les Mclean's first MF camera was an Autocord.
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ditto to Lee's Comment. An Autocord was my first MF TLR nearly 30 years ago. It got "lost" somewere along the way and I've just bought another - just as delighted as I was 30 years ago with its performance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an Autocord for over a year now and I absolutely love it. It was my first experience with a TLR and MF. I found it very easy to use and I fell in love with the negatives!
    I've also been able to find the manuals and lots of additional information online, which has been very helpful. Any problems I've had were easily solved and thankfully, as yet, I've experienced no sticky levers!
    I hope you enjoy your camera as much as I do mine.

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While I don't have an Autocord I will say that Minolta used to make some durn good glass.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    While I don't have an Autocord I will say that Minolta used to make some durn good glass.
    They made a couple of my favourite enlarger lenses.
    So many drummers, so little time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin