Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,315   Online: 875

Thread: RB lenses on RZ

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

RB lenses on RZ

I am curious to find out if the RB lenses can be used on a RZ body .
    Thanks
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, you can use them. Your RZ becomes a manual shoot camera. You have to set the exposure control to RBL and meter the scene with a external meter. Then set the aperture and time on the lens and take the picture as normal. You might need an adapter ring on your lens (Mamiya makes them). The RZ has a bigger lens mount.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Only the RZ Pro II has a RBL setting on the shutter speed dial. On the regular RZ (non-Pro II), it doesn't matter what you have the shutter speed dial on the camera set to when you use RB lenses.

You don't need any kind of adapter for RB lenses, but with an RZ, the back of the lens is closer to the film plane, so you have to open the bellows a little bit to focus an RB lens, even at infinity.

If you have a metered finder for an RB, you can use it on a regular (non-Pro II) RZ body, but not on a Pro II.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin