Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,642   Online: 862

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Hasselblad 501C... is this a C/M?

After a fair bit of reading I'm still not really the wiser for all the Hasselblad stuff. I've seen a few Hasselblad 501C cameras advertised. Is this the same as a C/M?

Thanks,

Mark

Shooter
    8x10 Format

hassy

The major difference between a 501c and 501c/m is that the c/m has interchangeable focusing screens.
    Tim

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Ah, so they are different and not just misadvertised?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    They most definitely are 2 different models. According to "The Hasselblad Manual" by Ernst Wildi, the 500C was introduced in 1957. The 500C/M, with interchangeable focusing screens, was introduced in 1970.

If you're really interested in a comprehensive source on Hasselblads, I recommend this book.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are transistion model C's that have the interchangeable screens, I have two of them. They are marked C not CM.

But I think the OP was asking about the 501, not the 500.

Mike

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    501C has an accumatte screen as does the 501CM , but the 501C has a non removable winding crank that the 501CM does, and it does NOT have the gliding mirror system that the 501CM has. This last thing helps curb the viewfinder vignetting problem with 150mm or longer lenses where the top of the viewfinder image gets cut off.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes Mike, it's the 501 I'm interested in and I've seen both 501C/M and 501C advertised which was what brought about my question.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks, our posts must have passed in the ether. The accumatte screen is the brightest of the screen yes? What are the benefits of being able to remove the winding crank?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are vaious flavors of winding crank, and some even have meters built into them that's why. You can switch from the old style round knob, to one with the meter, to the first type speed crank, then the second type speed crank. Kind of a nice to have, and not a must have really. and the accumatte 'D' is the brightest screen made for that system...by hasselbald anyway. Not sure about aftermarket versions.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Right you are, thanks very much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin