Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,526   Online: 1013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 645 etc.

Shooter
    35mm

645 etc.

Having done a search on Ebay, the Mamiya 1000s seems to sell for quite reasonable prices.
    I have not checked to see what other makes are selling for, but in used form are these camera far more affordable now than they once were, or are there problems?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the 1000S is a good model..but is quite heavy when compared with the super and Pro models.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had a 1000s for about 4-5 years and it never failed me. The only reason I sold it was because I wanted a 645 with removable backs. It's a great camera, though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have been shooting an eBay 1000s for 5 years and love the camera. It was my first MF camera moving up from a 35mm. Some people make a big deal about the no removable back issue. To me it never was that big a deal. You can't change mid-roll on a 35mm so no real difference on the 1000s plus with 120 you only get 15 shots per roll. I do have 3 extra inserts and the little black boxes to hold them. Mamiya still has the shutters for them if it does blowup--their a cloth shutter.

Anyway I would get one if you want to try it. I still love mine. Use it a lot, I also have a RB-67 ProS.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know about the Mamiya but the Bronicas have seen a creep up in price the last year.

One thing the latest models aren't much more expensive then the latest. Not much point paying almost the same money for an older camera that has likely seen more use and almost always has less features.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    But I got my Mamiya M645j from eBay about four years ago and the prices are currently about 30% beneath those prices of yore.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ther's nothing like the "ka-chunk" sound of the Mamiya shutter . Not so good for surreptitious shots!
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm
    They have a robust build. The foam in the light-trap may need replacing. A single body can be cheaper than a separate back for a 645 pro or super. Lenses are affordable too.

Happy shooting,

Dirk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the newer versions (Super, and Pro) and prefer them to the older bodies due to handling and weight concerns.

If I were you, I would consider as well what sorts of accessories you might want. Some of the older versions are quite old, and items like metering finders may be harder to locate in working condition.

Of course, the big advantage of the Mamiya 645 system is that all manual focus lenses are fully functional with all manual focus bodies, and at least usable on the newer AF bodies.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They are a great camera... simple with little to go wrong on them.

I have a 1000S that I'm actually thinking about selling... only because I have two ProTLs and the 1000S just ends up sitting around. If interested, e-mail me for the details.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin