Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,837   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gee... maybe there is a good reason that the Rolleifix was invented!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a boring old manfrotto tripod plate with the smaller screw size and a thread adapter (has a notch to allow it to be removed with a slot screwdriver). Dunno what all this other fanciness you're discussing is about but this works fine for me. The boring little quick release plates (RC2? RC4? small rectangular plate anyway) are small enough that you don't have to remove them to change film.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have had to send my camera in twice to Harry Fleenor from not using a quick release plate. The sheet metal the backs are made of is very weak. If you carry the camera on the tripod over your shoulder as earlier stated it will warp the bottom. Alsoif you tend as I do to use a prism and turn the camera on the tripod to look straight down and then lean your head a bit on the prism while looking through it you will bend the bottom of the back for sure. you can tell it is bent if the camera won't stand on it's four feet correctly. I don't like the Rolleiflix as it is too easy to make a mistake and not actually get the camera secured as well as it is easy to scar up the bottom of your Rollei face plate. So after scarring a camera and dropping another off the top of the tripod I use the large size bogen plate that has a large enough base that all four Rollei feet sit on it when it is in place. Very solid and no back bending. It is easy enough to put on and take off that it doesn't bother me to do it with every roll change.,
    Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Dennis, that was helpful info. I have a the RC2 plate that Walter mentioned, but I may think about investing in a larger one like you said.

Jason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin