Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,297   Posts: 1,535,733   Online: 821

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you are interested in DBs I may recommend you the getdpi-forums, there are plenty of people who can give you first-hand information on these. Regarding the cameras: I don´t think there are many differences apart the TTL-feature. If you want to use it, get it 503-series, if not a 500 or 501 series will suffice. You can use flash with these too, using a flash with dedicated sensor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You can't really go wrong either way. Outstanding cameras both.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hasselblad bodies 501, 503 and those that are badged '500CM Classic' have the Palpas light suppression material, late EL series and 200 series also have Palpas.
    I suppose that there is no reason the same material could not be fitted to an earlier model.
    As most Hasselblad cameras have interchangeable backs the expression 'analog' Hasselblad only really applies to cameras that do not have interchangeable film backs.

Douglas Fairbank
    www.classicv.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Fairbank View Post
    Hasselblad bodies 501, 503 and those that are badged '500CM Classic' have the Palpas light suppression material, late EL series and 200 series also have Palpas.
    I suppose that there is no reason the same material could not be fitted to an earlier model.
    As most Hasselblad cameras have interchangeable backs the expression 'analog' Hasselblad only really applies to cameras that do not have interchangeable film backs.
    Such as the XPAN
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    DF, is there but one of you? Welcome to APUG!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am very happy to be here. I don't know why I did not find this forum earlier. I am the only active 'one of you' in the UK but I think you have several in th USA. Hasselblad engineers that is!

Douglas Fairbank
    www.classicv.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Fairbank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    DF, is there but one of you? Welcome to APUG!
    I am very happy to be here. I don't know why I did not find this forum earlier. I am the only active 'one of you' in the UK but I think you have several in th USA. Hasselblad engineers that is!
    One ==> Douglas Fairbank
    Many ==> Douglas Fairbanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin