Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,980   Posts: 1,523,797   Online: 1187

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by P C Headland View Post
    Curious.

It'll be interesting to see exactly what this is. You've gotta wonder what Fuji are up to, given that everyone knows film is dead....
    This is interesting especially since it is a MF camera. Look forward to reading more about this.

Shooter
    35mm

FujiFilm to introduce new MF prototype.

I stuck this in another thread, but I thought it deserved a little attention on its own.

http://www.pr-inside.com/fujifilm-ex...ng-r402156.htm

(In about the center of the article.)

"Medium-Format Film Camera

In a special exhibit, Fujifilm will feature a prototype of a new portable medium-format film camera. Even as the company innovates in digital imaging technology, Fujifilm remains true to its heritage and to the acknowledged superior image quality delivered by professional photographic film products. Fujifilm is committed to further expanding the world of imaging whether in digital or analog technologies."

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Threads merged under jbrunner's title, but note that posts are in chronological order.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It may be that Fuji sees a small market for film MF as others are dropping their film cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    It may be that Fuji sees a small market for film MF as others are dropping their film cameras.
    Good point. Since Fuji still makes 120 film - it's only logical that, if no one else does if for them, then they should make a platform on which to use it!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    In case anyone's wondering, there's a picture of the GX680 here: http://www.fujigx680forum.com/ I saw one in person (the III) a few months ago- it's a real monster. It's larger than an RB67.

I'm a big fan of Fujifilm, but after having a GS645S and (thankfully) trading it in for a Mamiya M645, I'm not overly-exited about anymore of their cameras.

Is the GX680 the largest-heaviest hand held MF camera?

There was at least one studio photographer in Japan that used it that way (forgot his name). He must have had big arms.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Fuji GX680III, I can not imagine using it handheld, except maybe if you're shooting fashion and using strobes. It is far too heavy and bulky to use with anything short of the fastest shutter speeds. The way to use it handheld is to have the camera strap take much of the weight and use the waist level finder. Still this camera screams, "tripod".

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser View Post
    I have a Fuji GX680III, I can not imagine using it handheld, except maybe if you're shooting fashion and using strobes...
    That's what I imagined. Tripod for sure - must be nice with those extra camera movements up front.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    Fuji actually made a 6x8, not 6x7.

Then they had all of those 645 range finders.

I own a Fui 6x7 rangefinder camera and a Fuji 6x9 rangefinder camera.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin