Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,383   Online: 1016

View Poll Results: Would you buy the new Fuji Range Finder ?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

222 83.46%
  • No

44 16.54%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I really would like to have a 6x7, as the gap between my Hasselblad/Rollei and Zeiss Ercona 6x9 is unfilled, let´s see the price tag, too high and I will shoot in the Mamiya 7 II, let´s see how greedy the fuji guys are.

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love folders, and the old folders don't come in 6x7, for obvious reasons. I think a 6x7 folder would be more compact than 6x9, while it doesn't actually hurt anyone who prefers 6x6 (just crop). Like everyone else, I hope that Fuji can make it for a reasonable price.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm

costs of a retail network....

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    First you have to design the camera, designers don't work for free. Then you have to design the tooling, again tool designers don't work for free. Then you have to make the tooling, toolmakers don't work for free. Then you have to source materials, materials are not free.
    Also prototypes are not usually made on a production line, they are made in companies' research and design centres as 'one offs'. Even with modern CNC technologies, there is still a lot of cost.
    I worked in Ford's Dunton Research and Engineering Centre in the late 70s and early 80s as a draftsman and design engineer. I have used this process from beginning to end. I can assure you 'tooling costs' for a new product, especially one as complex as a camera, are not minimal.

Andrey, This looks to be a high grade folder, possibly on an aluminium chassis, who knows what the top and bottom plates are made of, brass, titanium? I very much doubt it'll be a 'plastic box'.
    Andrey: Andy's points about R&D, design and production costs are well taken and I won't argue with them. I will add, however, that we haven't brought up retail and distribution costs. The cost of a network to bring a product to the market has fallen dramatically with the maturation of the internet, but it still costs a bundle to put a finished product in someone's hands. How much does Ford (or Nikon or whomever) pay for their advertising and retail distribution? I don't know, but I think it substantial.
    Best, Keefe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most of those things would be incremental costs. It's not like Fuji doesn't do all those things already. How much extra would be needed? I bet no ad budget. How much does Fuji spend on the all those special run cameras for just the Japan market? They all sell out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If they build it - I will buy it ;-)

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin