Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,487   Online: 829

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Jon Goodman has material for replacing that foam, he makes up kits for many popular cameras:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum147/...oam-seals.html
    This place (apug) is absolutely AMAZING! Greg, thank you for the heads-up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    After taking some photos with it, of course... bu she will get my M6 only from my cold dead hands...
    Your proposal has been accepted.

*L*

tim (in black) in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Jon Goodman has material for replacing that foam, he makes up kits for many popular cameras:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum147/...oam-seals.html
    I'll second that - I replaced the seals on my own C3 with Jon's materials. Recommended.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi kfleming
    If you get in to Seattle, I have used Cameratechs in Ballard. I don't know if they have expertise with the Mamiya TLR's, but they do great work on my Hassablads. I live on Vashon so it is only a 40 min trip for me.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by kfleming View Post
    I'm out on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington, not far from Seattle (as the crow flies, but it's 2.5 hours via road and ferry). There are camera repair facilities in Seattle, but my original post reflects the fact I'm leery of their expertise with older gear. For example, a few years ago one company told me they no longer worked on Nikon F's because the only staffer who knew anything about them had retired. However, Thanks to the Internet and the experience of members of APUG, it's possible to locate the repair shops that still have the requisite expertise.

RMD: Thanks for that tip about the shutter release. I'll look for that.

Mongo141: Thanks for the steer toward Koh's.

kfleming

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by msage View Post
    Hi kfleming
    If you get in to Seattle, I have used Cameratechs in Ballard. I don't know if they have expertise with the Mamiya TLR's, but they do great work on my Hassablads. I live on Vashon so it is only a 40 min trip for me.
    Michael
    Michael,

Thanks for that recommendation for CameraTechs. I haven't used them, but in the past I have checked out their website for their list of used equipment.
    I looked at it again tonight after reading your post, and noted the long list of used Hasselblad gear they have for sale. Looks like they have a deep involvement with Hasselblad users.

I decided to ship the C3 to Carol Miller since I also had an Ilex shutter that needed some work.

As for Seattle, we do go over there to visit family. We have to plan, however, on a 2 to 2.5 hour trip each way. We can either drive all the way down to Olympia and then north to Seattle, or we can drive to Bainbridge Island or Kingston and take a ferry. Each option takes about the same amount of time--but the ferry sure is a lot more fun and relaxing.

Keith

Shooter
    Large Format
    I know what you mean, the boat ride really breaks up my commute. I work in Lakewood (SW of Tacoma) and live on the north end of Vashon. That 15 min ferry ride helps decompress.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by kfleming View Post
    Michael,

Thanks for that recommendation for CameraTechs. I haven't used them, but in the past I have checked out their website for their list of used equipment.
    I looked at it again tonight after reading your post, and noted the long list of used Hasselblad gear they have for sale. Looks like they have a deep involvement with Hasselblad users.

I decided to ship the C3 to Carol Miller since I also had an Ilex shutter that needed some work.

As for Seattle, we do go over there to visit family. We have to plan, however, on a 2 to 2.5 hour trip each way. We can either drive all the way down to Olympia and then north to Seattle, or we can drive to Bainbridge Island or Kingston and take a ferry. Each option takes about the same amount of time--but the ferry sure is a lot more fun and relaxing.

Keith

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sorry to revive an old thread with my first post but I had a few questions.
    I checked the sites recommended in this thread and emailed a few as well. Does anybody have a recommendation of somewhere I could source a film advance lever and a WLF. I watch the big auction site like it might run away, but I would like to find something that I can buy immediately.

kfleming, Did you get your C3 back? How did it turn out? Carol Miller's prices seem pretty reasonable, I wish she wasn't back logged.

On a side note. Jon Goodman sells a great product and he is a great guy to talk to. I owe him a few kudos for being more than helpful.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjeep View Post

On a side note. Jon Goodman sells a great product and he is a great guy to talk to. I owe him a few kudos for being more than helpful.
    yellowjeep (a Willys?),

Welcome to APUG as well as the Jon Goodman appreciation thread. Unfortunately all my C-3, C-33 links/resources are stuck in my dead Mac.

Terry

Shooter
    35mm RF
    AMC CJ-5

Thats a bummer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjeep View Post
    AMC CJ-5
    The AMC Jeep seem so analog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin