Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,870   Posts: 1,583,303   Online: 1137

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    deleted, sorry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am not enamored with any particular format although photographs made with my Koni Omega (6x7) sell well ;-)

I too use all formats from 35mm to 4x5. However my assessment of the type I would recommend always comes down to the Hasselblad (6x6). It seems to have every advantage: light weight, interchangeable lenses, interchangeable backs (choice of films), choice of either between-the-lens or focal-plane shutter, no parallax problems, essentially bullit-proof, and ----

Holy cow! I already have a camera with these features, a 4x5 Speed Graphic. It does seem to be a little large and heavy in comparison.

Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Every camera has it's own special oppertunities, to limit your self is not allowing for a full range of creative tools. Each formatt gives something different that is there and available as a foundation to build from. Yes square is great, so is 6x9 so is 4x5 so is 8x10.and on and on.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thomas, yes, that's all true. I speak only for the way my eye / head work when I mention 6x6. Of course, there's no reason to limit yourself. At the same time, certain formats just click for some people. For me, 6x6 was like coming home.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Today in my local Jessops I saw a Mamiya C220 (similar to the 330 but an earlier model I presume) for £199 with 80mm lens-sounds like a great way into MF. Lovers of 6x6 might also take a look at the now discontinued Mamiya 6 if they want more features including metering. It's hip to be square as a cheesy 80s hit once put it!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I believe that the Mamiya C220 is the camera like the C330 that has a few less features but not an earlier model. The earlier models were, in backward order the C33 and the C3 models. They were all similar with interchangable lenses. And very reasonably priced.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I personally prefer the 330 over the 220 by a country mile. The one feature it lacks is the automatic shutter recock on winding and that is a royal pain.
    Gary Beasley

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for that-I was wondering what the difference was. Still not a bad buy though.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin