Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,206   Posts: 1,659,302   Online: 961

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The house and a 80mm lens is a good starter. I recon that an extra back or two is the next thing to get. It's very nice to be able to change backs if subject contrast changes, or to use color film at times.
    I started out the same way, using only the 80mm for some time. Then I found both a 150mm and a 50mm at decent prices. A couple of years ago I luckily found a black SWC which find frequent use. The SWC was quite worn and eh... cheap, only some $1000 for the camera with a equaly worn back. I soon found that the SWC was the most used lens (camera in this particular case), not due to the short focal length, but rather the feeling of a "rangefinder mini-blad", which somehow permits me to come in closer to some types of subjects.

//Björn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks all ..... the camera with the 80 is on the way. I think I'll stick with it for awhile. I'm a more or less normal guy anyway......although becoming wider as I get older (:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    I'm a more or less normal guy anyway......although becoming wider as I get older (:
    LOL, thats the post of the week

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    How about a truss the hernia you may cause by carrying all this gear.
    I usually carry just one lens, but the lens varies with where I am and what I'm doing. The full kit's not so bad. Compared to the climbing gear and bottles of Bollinger I used to lug around in the hills it's actually an improvement.

I take the 50 and 150 as a pair on multi-day trips away from my gear stash, and that's when I'd prefer a 60 and 110. Until the bottom falls out of the market completely I'll just have to struggle on with what I have.

It's fun to gawp and dream though.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Lens Choice.

Mark, you made the right choice when you decided on Hasselblad. You will know which lens you need next once you start taking pictures. I started with the 150mm, specifically for portrait work in the studio but it also became a favourite for many outdoor subjects. Over the years I've added a 50, 80, 250 and 350 to suit different subjects. The only thing I need now is more time.

Regards - Allan.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the 50, 80, 150....but I'd trade it in anyday for a 40,60,100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With prices as low as they are today, why trade in?
    A 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 150 mm lens set is a really nice thing to have...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just my opinions..I agree with the 50-80-150. I've just bought a mint 503CW with 80 and 50 (saving now for a longer lens). It all fits in a nice little Kata rucksack. Went out at the weekend in very hot weather to shoot with it. I just loved the time out with it. Beautiful to look at, and use. Superbly engineered. And the square format is fantastic! The negs (Delta 100 in Rodinal), are sparkling! You cannot fail to be impressed with a Hassy. Personally I've used and could not get on with the Mamiya 7 rangefinder, although it's a great camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    With prices as low as they are today, why trade in?
    A 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 150 mm lens set is a really nice thing to have...
    Don't forget the 250!

Antje

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Indeed! Nor the 120 mm!

I will however 'forget' the 180 mm.
    Somehow not my thing. Not long enough, not short enough.

And the 135 mm. Too dark, bellows-bound (despite the much too expensive varible tube that what available at one time), adding nothing, except a very nice focal length, to the set.

And the 105 mm. Nobody but NASA could afford to buy that lens. So no choice but to forget about it.

The 50 - 80 - 150 mm kit is the standard set for many photographers. And you can really tackle almost anything with that set. All first class quality too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin