Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,676   Online: 949

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just my opinions..I agree with the 50-80-150. I've just bought a mint 503CW with 80 and 50 (saving now for a longer lens). It all fits in a nice little Kata rucksack. Went out at the weekend in very hot weather to shoot with it. I just loved the time out with it. Beautiful to look at, and use. Superbly engineered. And the square format is fantastic! The negs (Delta 100 in Rodinal), are sparkling! You cannot fail to be impressed with a Hassy. Personally I've used and could not get on with the Mamiya 7 rangefinder, although it's a great camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    With prices as low as they are today, why trade in?
    A 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 150 mm lens set is a really nice thing to have...
    Don't forget the 250!

Antje

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Indeed! Nor the 120 mm!

I will however 'forget' the 180 mm.
    Somehow not my thing. Not long enough, not short enough.

And the 135 mm. Too dark, bellows-bound (despite the much too expensive varible tube that what available at one time), adding nothing, except a very nice focal length, to the set.

And the 105 mm. Nobody but NASA could afford to buy that lens. So no choice but to forget about it.

The 50 - 80 - 150 mm kit is the standard set for many photographers. And you can really tackle almost anything with that set. All first class quality too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin