Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,594   Online: 1159

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes the image is definitely soft. You can see the progression of the depth of field over the photo with the sharpest point being on the Canon F1 (at least to my eye).
    I think you've got some blur with the cause most likely being mirror slap. I'd be intrigued to see the same shot taken on a good tripod with mirror lock up and a cable release. If it was still unsharp then you have a problem.
    I have a Pentax 645 IIn with 45-85 mm and 150 mm lenses. I find it a brilliant camera and wished I bought one much earlier. I regularly print out at A3+ and have had excellent results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the 645NII a lot. It's a great camera with wonderful lenses! The diopter is important.

Shooter
    Large Format
    That is soft (duh, sorry) and the F-1 is sharpest to me too. The 645 has a wonderfully dampened mirror system. Much more dampened than my hassy 503cx. I've never noticed image shake, possibly once but I'm more than sure that I was using a slow shutter speed and was moving a little too much at the time. I'm guessing you've inspected the negatives with a loupe. If you're just going by the print it could definitely be the enlarger.

Shooter
    35mm

A good bit better

I'm thinking the HP5 is the culprit. Maybe. This shot, not the same, but showing some DOF, is on Pan F:

http://www.wolfeye.smugmug.com/photo...03_8NJae-O.jpg

This shot is tripod-mounted, 15 seconds at f16. I used a screw-in self-timer to trip the shutter. It's focussed on the AV-1 and I think it's pretty darn sharp. This is a negative scan - hope to print it out tonite. Some of the sharpness loss on the edges may be from the slight curvature of the negative. My flatbed doesn't do much to help negative curl.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's a lot better. Just playing around with levels and the unsharp mask has also made an improvement

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think HP5+ is causing the softness. I don't know why the first shot was soft but I'm pretty sure the film is not the reason. The PanF+ shot is certainly sharper but it's also a lot higher in contrast as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin